Considering Rooting...

This is a discussion on Considering Rooting... within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello Everyone, I have a Nexus one running Gingerbread on AT&T. I have been thinking of rooting for a while now, but I figured I'd ...

Thread: Considering Rooting...

Considering Rooting...

Hello Everyone,

I have a Nexus one running Gingerbread on AT&T. I have been thinking of rooting for a while now, but I figured I'd wait to see what gingerbread brought to the table before experimenting. Of course, I know that now that GB is out certain vulnerabilities have been patched and some old methods of rooting don't work any more, so I understand I may have to wait a bit.

So here's the crux of the matter- I am interested in rooting, but I don't care to run any custom ROMs. All I really want out of my rooting is to control the trackball color notifications- to be able to assign different colors to different notifications, such as one for an email, one for a missed call, one for a text, one for a text from my girlfriend, and notifications of the like. Also I'm interested in trackball wake up. So what is the minimum that I could in order to enable these functions on my phone? Thanks in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

How's it going! xD

Light Flow will let you do most of the trackball notifications without root, with the exception of contact specific colors (everything is app specific).

I believe SMS Popup can handle contact and app specific colors, but I've never tried it...

Trackball wake requires root, AFAIK.

As far as rooting goes, you have two options:
    1 - unlock the bootloader.
    2 - roll back to a pre-Gingerbread version of android, root, then install a pre-rooted version of android.

Hope this helps?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I can't believe I didn't know about these apps until now. Thank you very much! Honestly trackball wake up isn't worth the bother to me, maybe I'll do it later. But my led now does exactly what I want. Thanks a million.

No worries! xD

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Trackball wake up is the best!

I never was interested in it until I tried it and now I can't live w/o it!

And even trackball wake can be achieved without root with apps like no lock there are a few others but this is the most popular so there really was no need for your to root but seriously once you try flashing ROMs you won't want to stop so I would think about it if I were you but that's just me

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links