Nexus one passimg method not working?

This is a discussion on Nexus one passimg method not working? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi guys I got a new nexus one refurb from HTC today and i when i try oto downgrade 2.3.3 to root it I get ...

Thread: Nexus one passimg method not working?

Nexus one passimg method not working?

Hi guys I got a new nexus one refurb from HTC today and i when i try oto downgrade 2.3.3 to root it I get this:

"Main version is older! Update Failed"

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Same here... any fix for this. GB sucks big time so far. I want to go back to froyo and forget about gb until they have switches to turn all of the crap in gb off... /2

edit: appears to be working from a diff DL of the passimg.zip frg33! shweet

Can you post a link to the download that works?

Also, can you confirm that you previously got the "main version is older" error?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

D-R!! I feel honored by your reply... sincerely.

Okay, the stuff I was seeing was this (keep in mind, the words are small and scrolled quickly): I believe it said the first time I rebooted to hboot and the image was parsed "Main version is older! Update Failed" then disappeared. Green text exited to hboot screen and no further messages were given in subsequent reboots into hboot. The passdiag.zip would fail, the passdiag.sbh (?) would fail, then the passimg.zip would parse, fill the progress bar, then simply go back to hboot without asking any further questions.

I believe both links that I downloaded were from your links in your tutorials... and thanks, btw!

My thinking now may be that I had a bad DL the first time around, then the 2nd was the charm??

FTR, I was on gingerbread, passimg'd to frg33 and followed your manual root method. I am getting pop-ups telling me that GB is ready for DL again, so I want to root this little piggy and get away from the man forcing me to 'his' images!! heh. also, my other rooted N1 was purchased that way on CL! lol so this is my first experience with rooting and customs since my G1!!!

LOL - you crack me up! xD

Yeah, it does sound more like a bad download than anything. I was hoping to pull the file apart, and see if anything was different...

Thanks for your response though, and enjoy rooting!

hey 1 quick Q... I am only finding older tutorials on installing custom recoveries and roms... you know of a more recent one? like one I was reading said that I should hold the trackball in while powering on in order to get to fastboot???? that sound right? it said it was an N1 guide...

glad to give ya a chuckle... but your work and time into this is nothing short of awesome! so thanks from me and perhaps all the noobs that may not give praise where it's due...

The older guides will probably still work for a lot of installations. There's a number of different ways to install things, depending on preferences and what you've done to your phone.

Power + trackball will get you into the fastboot screen on the bootloader. The fastboot screen interacts with the fastboot binary on your pc, which requires the bootloader to be unlocked.

The easier option is to just install ROM Manager, but don't install the recommended Clockwork 3.x version, instead scroll to the bottom of the menu screen and install either Amon Ra or the latest Clockwork 2.x

Gotcha... you no likey the 3.x version of clockwork?

Movin right along here: unlocked bootloader, installed rom mgr, set clockwork rec 2.5, looking to do cyanogen 6 as that is what my other N1 has, but this one will be from later in 2010. There are some little annoying bugs in the earlier versions of 6 that I want to sidestep. [fingers crossed :]

muchos grassyus amigo!

Had a few bad experiences with 3.x, and read even more horror stories that I'm just not comfortable with it...

If you have the unlocked bootloader, then you can just flash recovery via fastboot. There is no advantage either way, but it's nice to have options...

thanks, dood!

(also, sorry, OP, to have threadjacked!)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links