Is it possible to restore to nand back up of 2.2 from 2.3.3?

This is a discussion on Is it possible to restore to nand back up of 2.2 from 2.3.3? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have been using the Gb rooted rom for quite a week but now i am missing my desire rom i have it already backed ...

Thread: Is it possible to restore to nand back up of 2.2 from 2.3.3?

Is it possible to restore to nand back up of 2.2 from 2.3.3?

I have been using the Gb rooted rom for quite a week but now i am missing my desire rom i have it already backed up on my sd card, but i was thinking is it possible to switch from 2.3.3 to 2.2 easily??

Thanks in advance.
    rooted and installed MIUI rom

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes, it's possible.
    You just need to use the same recovery that created the backup...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

thanks danger-rat.

i had just one more question i had created 2 or more backups using my amon-ra recovery unfortunately i forgot which one is which rom(desire or stock 2.2) is there any way to know which back up is which rom?

Wow, thats a good question...

It's a long time since I've used Amon Ra, and I can't remember what the backup structure is like. If you can look at the backup files on your SD, and tell me which files are there, I may be able to tell you how to get the info out of them...

In all fairness, it's probably easier just to restore one, and see what it is...?

Also, the naming convention of the files is based on the date they were made, so you may be able to work it out from that?

thanks for the tip danger-rat i flashed one of the back up file and i found out it was the desire rom.

Just one last question: can i flash a kernal with a locked bootloader as i am going to flash the miui rom they require latest kernal.

Usually, yes you can. Unless the kernel thread says otherwise, I would say you're safe. Just check the MD5 for the file first...

thanks for the help danger-rat i really appreciate it..

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links