miui/rods kernal problem?

This is a discussion on miui/rods kernal problem? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've been having a problem with miui and rods mod. Now I"m wondering if its a kernal problem. I flashed the 3/25/11 (gingerbread) release of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: miui/rods kernal problem?

miui/rods kernal problem?

I've been having a problem with miui and rods mod. Now I"m wondering if its a kernal problem.

I flashed the 3/25/11 (gingerbread) release of MIUI yesterday and could never get any apps to download. In addition rom manager never showed up and titanium backup had the same problem as app market. I wiped all caches several times and tried re-flashing to no avail. Because I couldn't get rom manager loaded, I couldn't switch to amon RA

Basically it did a quick reboot everytime an app nearly completed installing.

I'm still using CWM 2.5.1.4. To flash and CM7 RC2 is running fine. So did my backup CM6.1.1.

I tried loading rods mod 2.9.2 (also gingerbread) and experienced the same problem.
    I don't know what kernal I'm using. What I've read indicates maybe I need a different one for miui mods?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm running Rod's 2.9.0 release and all is great - best release yet! I didn't bother with the minor 2.9.2 changes.

I *think* I might have changed the kernel to Pershoot's as Wildmonk's was supposedly not suitable or out of date or something. If you have problems installing apps I wonder if you've got a problem with A2SD or something? Is the ext3 partition corrupted or perhaps something not working well with your SD card?

I was running 2.9.0 when I switched. I really like standard miui just as much or more. There's a great app for it in the market MIUI ROM Downloader.

I'm very tempted to run stock MIUI. When I first heard about MIUI it was Rod's MIUI and I didn't know he was customizing another ROM. It sounds like the GB MIUI release has a bunch of issues but I'll keep my eyes open and maybe give it a shot soon.

I don't know what the problem was. I tried changing settings all over. Nothing worked. I have my apps backed up in gmail, titanium, titanium cloud, and in miui back up. I. Couldn't get any to work. Went back to an old cyan 6 ans it said my SD card was set wrong. Tried rods and the same thing happened so I went to cm7 rc3. For some reason it seems to be just miui. That's why I wondered if it was a kerenel problem. I've never flashed a kernel.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    I was running 2.9.0 when I switched. I really like standard miui just as much or more. There's a great app for it in the market MIUI ROM Downloader.
    i notice when you go to download that miui from market it says "storage-modify/delete sd card contents" what is that all about
    my other phone's a nexus too

Its never done that for me. Maybe you don't have enough storage and its clearing something? All it does is download the rom, gapps and language. I just reboot onto recovery, load them one at a time, reboot and I see the red army Guy in the sow storm!

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Its never done that for me. Maybe you don't have enough storage and its clearing something? All it does is download the rom, gapps and language. I just reboot onto recovery, load them one at a time, reboot and I see the red army Guy in the sow storm!
    7gb left on sd card,its actually before download its on their page once you click on it in the market
    go to market click on miui downloader
    click install
    next page asks to accept permission and click ok but the storage bit is at the bottom left
    my other phone's a nexus too

Ill have to check that out.

It looks to me that that is some kind of designation from the market. You know what the app does. That's just a guess... of course it doesn't delete anything!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links