Blandroid 2.3.3P4

This is a discussion on Blandroid 2.3.3P4 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Blandroid: Downloads Has anybody tried this? It's Gingerbread with NO BLOATWARE or gapps for that matter. According to the website, you must flash from fastboot, ...

Thread: Blandroid 2.3.3P4

Blandroid 2.3.3P4

Blandroid: Downloads

Has anybody tried this? It's Gingerbread with NO BLOATWARE or gapps for that matter. According to the website, you must flash from fastboot, but I'm wondering what ROM Manager does with it. Will it automatically do that? That's not the standard way that ClockworkMod works, so I'm a little miffed.

It looks pretty interesting and he claims it's stable. The forums are real difficult to read tho!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I dont know about this one. Seems Extra fishy to me. No GAPPS? who wants an android phone with no GAPPS?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

He does provide a link to current gapps. Not sure what the whole thing is about.

OK. Gonna give it a shot. I noticed that ROM Manager gives you a version of gapps to go with it, so here it goes!

Any feedback dude slow, fast, lame, cool, stable, buggy?

I don't really get this though... how is this different to stock then (minus the gapps)?

Or is this like the SDK emulator? completely empty except the bare minimums (like no 3d gallery etc...) ?
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Well. Its stable for sure. Battery was ok, but I only ran it for awhile. Then cm7 came out. So I went back. Its pretty much stock Android and you add what you want. Meh...

OK. Now that I have some time here's my analysis.

Stable -- Check
    Phone Wonk fixed -- check (that's a biggy, because dewonkificator hasn't worked for me on Cyan or MIUI)
    Stcok Gingerbread -- Check
    Themes?--- lol. Add your own falks!
    ADW-EX -- Works beautifully.
    Smooth? -- Yes. I'd say smoother than CM7, but not smoother than MIUI/CYAN pre Gingerbread.
    Gapps? -- Well I downloaded and flashed them, but only maps showed up. I had to dl everything else from the market. Kinda ticked me off.

I used ROM Manager to download and flash it. Like I said I downloaded gapps, to no avail. To me that's a deal breaker. Why would I want this if I have to dl everything that's good about android? Another thing I didn't understand. When I sign into MIUI or Cyan it starts loading many of my saved apps from the gmail and titanium clouds. Not with Blandroid.

To be fair, I was only on it for a few hours before CM7 came out and I wasn't real thrilled with it so I went with CM7.

I'm going to try it again in a few days. I really WANT to like it. I like the idea of developing my own themes and stuff. It claims to be fore devs.

Blandroid ROM for Nexus phones

I highly recommend this rom if you are lucky enough to own a nexus!
    The gapps issue is licence related. -- it's the same with Cyanogen unless you are picking up a mod - you have to flash that separately. Basically, one only get's the market app and a few others. In cyanogen, this may be dealt with slightly differently in that you get that list when you first set the rom up after flashing, but it's basically the same thing.

I got 20.5 hours off my one year old battery on my nexus one, and I used the phone on 3G most of that time, syncing was left on. Happier with this than the stock rom, gingerbread miui, and cm7. everything is smooth and runs perfectly. Only one thing on the nexus s, the talk version is the old one. i found an apk of the video enable talk app and pushed that to my phone. now i'm happier than two peas in a pod.

blandroid is the easiest, safest method to root a nexus imo. after unlocking, simply fastboot the rom.. done! that first time fastboot flash is the deal breaker for me. the blandroid.org website has easy installation instructions, and the forum is good too.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links