Why don't ROM's work for me?

This is a discussion on Why don't ROM's work for me? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi! I have a problem on my hands. I'm normally on MIUI, but recently, the ROM's don't work for me. I'm not sure if its ...

Thread: Why don't ROM's work for me?

Why don't ROM's work for me?

Hi!

I have a problem on my hands. I'm normally on MIUI, but recently, the ROM's don't work for me.

I'm not sure if its MIUI itself, but everytime I install new apps from the market, it would stay on the phone. But after a reboot, they do not function (they have an icon but don't load), ones that I move to SD aren't affected. However, not all apps can be moved to the SD card, so it pretty much comes to a dead end for me on MIUI.

So i thought, I'd jump around to another ROM. I tried out the NXsense Rom's both the HD and normal desire port. Both of them would install, but after the first boot, I would have lots of force closes and boot loops. I got the desire port to function normally, but after a reboot the same thing would happen to MIUI or it just won't reboot at all

So in the end, the only functional ROM I've found is the cyanogen ones. Is this the case with everyone else? Or would I be messing something up?

Thanks.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

*Thread moved to Hacking & Dev Section*
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Are you using Clockwork MOD? What version of gapps are you loading? I really think one of those two things are the source of our problems here.

I haven't tried Sense yet and am toying with trying it or Blandroid, but I can't get any version of MIUI to work correctly since it went straight Gingerbread.

Just wish i could figure out what I'm doing wrong with gapps on MIUI 1.3.25/1.4.1/1.4.8 and RodsMOD. They won't load properly. I'm constantly getting force closes and all but maps won't work or load.

The strange part is that upon completion of initial boot loop it goes straight into the lock screen as opposed to going into the android registration screens. This is after wiping everything several times. It's supposed to go into the android screen that takes you through that process.

Are you using Clockwork MOD? What version of gapps are you loading? I really think one of those two things are the source of our problems here.
    Well I've tried a few different versions of clockwork, I heard there was a problem with the latest version (3. something?). In the end, I just used RA recovery. As for the Gapps, the roms I try have the Gapps included (for the sense roms anyway). For MIUI i manually download the latest ones, because the market is there but nothing else.

I haven't tried Sense yet and am toying with trying it or Blandroid, but I can't get any version of MIUI to work correctly since it went straight Gingerbread.
    I asked a few questions on the NXsense threads and apparently, the Sense roms are a hit or miss. Something about the ROM size being too big and messing with boot sectors or something. Guess I'm the "unlucky" ones then. And since there hasn't been much updates for the older NXsense ports, there isn't too much support. I'm actually waiting for the newer Desire S ports to be more stable.

Just wish i could figure out what I'm doing wrong with gapps on MIUI 1.3.25/1.4.1/1.4.8 and RodsMOD. They won't load properly. I'm constantly getting force closes and all but maps won't work or load.

The strange part is that upon completion of initial boot loop it goes straight into the lock screen as opposed to going into the android registration screens. This is after wiping everything several times. It's supposed to go into the android screen that takes you through that process.
    The latest MIUI haven't been working as well as their past versions (buts only their 3rd gingerbread release for N1?) I don't seem to have any boot loops for MIUI

I also don't get a initial setup, i think its a ROM thing (haven't got that since the gingerbread roms). As for the Gapps, they also force closed and disappeared on me. But I think I've found the reason to all my ROM installs being so weird.

Just yesterday, I completely removed all my EXT partitions (so now its all FAT for storage) and MIUI is working fine. If I want to move apps to SD, I need to do it the old way. I thought it was done right because in the SD settings, it shows i have an APP2SD partition and I'm able to move apps between phone and card, its just that after a reboot, they disappear (well the icon still shows, but it says its not actually installed when i launch it)

I probably didn't get the APP2SD stuff right... might need to try again later, but at least my MIUI install is functional now (though their theming and colours are poorly choosen, I can't read some text!).

Never really understood how APP2SD worked with darktremor. I thought it was just flashing the zip?
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links