Rooting isn't working :/

This is a discussion on Rooting isn't working :/ within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Well I think I figured it out it's because there is something wrong with the drivers because when I try adb devices it is supposed ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rooting isn't working :/

Well I think I figured it out it's because there is something wrong with the drivers because when I try adb devices it is supposed to return the device id (which is just the s/n if I remember correctly) but it returns as nothing (usb debugging enabled) I'm sure I had the drivers installed correctly because when I connect the phone in fastboot, for one windows never asks me about the driver software and when I check in device manager it there is "adb interface" and "htc booloader" in it and there is no "other devices" section like there usually is when there is a device with unknown drivers. So I though maybe try adb devices from in fastboot if it's working correctly from there but still nothing.

BTW: After I tried with the superoneclick directory and it still didn't work I went ahead and downloaded your file I mean it can't hurt

Ok well I just tried out fastboot devices just for the fun of it to see if it would return as the s/n and it did so if I want I can just take the back door and unlock the bootloader if we can't think of anything else.

Ok well I feel like a total idiot cause I just found out that all I needed to do was to check in the device manager and then install the drivers while the phone is not in fastboot and the whole OS is loaded so all in all it was a simple fix and just me who over looked it

Sorry to bug you guys for nothing

Cool! You rooted now?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Yup and I flashed cm6.1.1 and now I'm restoring all my stuff from before my phone broke.

Be careful with what you restore... xD

You may actually have a good point I never thought it might have been one of my apps that made my phone crash but now that I think of it it might have been so ya I'm going to watch out with what I restore.

So how'd it go? Are you still on CM 6.1.1? did you figure out if it was one of the apps that screwed you up before? Are going to try to go with CM7 soon?

I'm starting to like RC4 a lot. Especially since i started using the LG launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    So how'd it go? Are you still on CM 6.1.1? did you figure out if it was one of the apps that screwed you up before? Are going to try to go with CM7 soon?

I'm starting to like RC4 a lot. Especially since i started using the LG launcher.
    Ya I'm on cm6.1.1 but I'm going to reflash the ROM because I don't know if something was corrupted but it is being way to buggy I mean the app drawer crashed, the lock screen won't go on, the home button doesn't work so ya there has to be something wrong. And no I fear I may never know what screwed me over last time and ya I may go with cm7 when there is a stable release.

CM7 stable now available...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links