Rooting isn't working :/

This is a discussion on Rooting isn't working :/ within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok well I just got my phone back from htc so it's back to stock unrooted, so I was going to root but I've been ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rooting isn't working :/

Rooting isn't working :/

Ok well I just got my phone back from htc so it's back to stock unrooted, so I was going to root but I've been messing around for the last little while to try and get superoneclick to work (don't really feel like unlocking the bootloader right now) but every time I try it always goes to not responding then I have to close it... normally I would just use some other method like the rageagainstthecage method but it is included in the superoneclick root method so any ideas what I should do?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm in no way one to be giving advice xD, but I found that SuperOneClick doesn't work on 2.3.3

I had to use the passimg.zip tool to downgrade to 2.2, and even then ended up using rageagainstthecage from Danger-Rat.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post93952

Ya I'm aware that superoneclick doesn't work on gingerbread but it was surprising that htc sent me the phone back running froyo because they told me they would send it running gingerbread but anyhow ya it's on froyo if it wasn't I would have passimged (pretty sure that's not a word) already XD

Righteo :D, it is odd that they would return it with Froyo though :/

Hey Dude!
    Did you try a manual approach? I know it still uses rage, but at least you input each step at a time, so you can see whee the problem is...?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I guess that is the next step. Should I use the same files as the ones that came with the zip from superoneclick or should I just download them from somewhere else, in your opinion?

Might as well try with the same files.

I'm curious about why you got Froyo, and why it isn't trying to update to Gingerbread...

Well I did get froyo but it is trying to update like I have the notification in my status bar just I'm not going to do it because I would have to passimg back so why bother.

As far as rooting goes I'll do that now but for the rage method I need to push su to the phone but in the files from superoneclick I got 3 versions v1 v2 and v3 suppose I should go with v3 and just rename it su to make my life simpler?

Well if it's trying to update, I'm not so curious any more... xD

I would go with v3, or you could download the zip I put in my manual guide (it also includes a batch file to open your cmd prompt in the right directory).

Nah I think I'll just do it with the cmd prompt in the directory for the superoneclick I have cause all the files are there already.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links