App2ext Help

This is a discussion on App2ext Help within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi there. Over the past few days, I have been through absolute hell trying to: 1. Install CM7.0.0 stable and 2. Install an apps2ext script ...

Thread: App2ext Help

App2ext Help

Hi there. Over the past few days, I have been through absolute hell trying to:

1. Install CM7.0.0 stable
    and
    2. Install an apps2ext script THAT WORKS.

I have tried S2E, Link2sd, and DarkTremors...all with no success.

The stock apps2sd function that comes with CM7 is not enough for me, as I have over 142 apps.

My latest folly came with Link2SD, which ended in futility when I was unable to create any links due to my data/sdext2 folder being "read-only" and my inability to change it. I looked for a very long time on many forums for a solution to this...alas...nothing.

So here I sit, with 142 apps backed up on my computer and no phone to install them to.

Any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Do you have an ext partition on your card?

My 2 cents

Get a 1gb ext3--0 swap like DR mentioned--if you don't already and if you need help, just ask

Find and dl DT 2.5.7.2--start here--http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715940 it is the most stable

Flash it from sdcard (should be in zip format) thru recovery, reboot, and with Terminal Emulator:

SU

a2sd check
    a2sd reinstall

phone should reboot

a2sd zipalign
    a2sd cachesd

phone will reboot

It is also recommended to run a2sd noswap--you could do it before cachesd command

Since you have had trouble, I would format and repartition sdcard no matter what else you do--back up phone and sdcard first

Ken

Gee--that seems like more than 2 cents--maybe a quarter
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Good advice Ken!

I recommend staying away from CWM 3.x, also...

Problem fixed. Apparently something happened the first time I partitioned my SD card, and the ext3 partition i created ended up being read-only. Not real sure as to how this happened, but I had an inkling Clockwordmod 3 had something to do with it. So I back-flashed to clockworkmod 2.5, wiped the SD card, repartioned again and then followed Danger-rat's advice located in this thread: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/s...-part-two.html

Thanks for all of your help!

glad you got it

remember you need to reflash DT 2.5.7.2, if you are using that one (recommended), after you flash each nightly, if doing that, and before you reboot
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    glad you got it

remember you need to reflash DT 2.5.7.2, if you are using that one (recommended), after you flash each nightly, if doing that, and before you reboot
    Yeah found that out the hard way. I'm on nightly build 55 right now, and DTAPPS is having some issues. Not too worried about it, as I'm fixing to flash 57 anyway. Honestly I've been thinking about switching to Link2SD...I tried it a few days ago after I flashed build 51 and it worked perfectly...I especially love the auto-move feature that moves apps, dalvik-cache and dex files on install.

OK

I have never had any real issues with DT. I think once you get it set up correctly and occasionally run a2sd reinstall and a2sd cachesd it should be fine. Sometimes when going between sense roms and froyo types like MIUI and CM there is a need to redo. But, all in all no issues.

I have on occasion added in a2sd zipalign and a2sd noswap

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links