Nothing works in recovery

This is a discussion on Nothing works in recovery within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok well celebration was premature When I went back to the other SD (after I formated it) I still couldn't flash nandroids with it what ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing works in recovery

Ok well celebration was premature

When I went back to the other SD (after I formated it) I still couldn't flash nandroids with it what up with that. Is it because Amon-RA doesn't like my SD card or something, I mean seriously there is something weird going on

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Ok well celebration was premature

When I went back to the other SD (after I formated it) I still couldn't flash nandroids with it what up with that. Is it because Amon-RA doesn't like my SD card or something, I mean seriously there is something weird going on
    Let me makesure I understand your problem dude. You're saying that your backups show up in amon ra recovery, but when you try to flash them it says there's nothing there. That is the problem I had. Are you sure they are not clockwork backups? This has happened to me.twice. the first time I ended up losing.them.

No it's that Amon-RA says there are backups there then when I go to flash them it loads with one "." then it says "oops something went wrong check the recovery log" (or something like that) but the thing is that when I go to move the recovery log to the SD I get the same error message so it can't be the backups that don't work. Also when I try with my other card it works fine (with the same backups) so that is how I know it's a problem with the SD card.

You know. My memory is failing me. That's sounds really familiar and I'm pretty sure that's what happened to me. I definitely remember the one dot and the "oops..." What I think happened was that I just excepted that my old file were corrupted. All of my more recent backups work fine.

I just don't use amon ra that much. I use it for miui, but I'm not having much luck with it and am pretty much stuck on cyanogen now.

I wish I could help more, but that's about all I've got.

It's cool dude that's all I can ask for

But wish it were only that cause my backups work on my other SD card but not on this one so it can't be that and even if I just make a backup I can't flash it so there has to be something wrong with the SD card :/ thanks anyway for all you help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    It's cool dude that's all I can ask for

But wish it were only that cause my backups work on my other SD card but not on this one so it can't be that and even if I just make a backup I can't flash it so there has to be something wrong with the SD card :/ thanks anyway for all you help.
    I would like to give you an answer, but sadly I don't have one. I have had this problem with both CWM and Amon_Ra at various times and have pretty much given up on using backups. I still make nandroid back ups, but try not to ever count on them because often, like you, I find they don't work. Generally if a flash goes bad, I generally wipe and start from scratch anyway assuming everything needs to be wiped and that way I know it will be fresh and work.

For that reason I have the habit of keeping a directory file with the current rom (and older ones) on the sd card. Since both amon_ra and cwm allow you to flash files from anywhere on the sd card it makes it easy to reflash from recovery. I also use titanium backup pro and back up apps (but never data - the reloads of data often cause lots of trouble) so that I can reload them quickly.

Don't know if that helped but good luck!

Thanks for posting but unfortunately you are right and that does not help me much but lets see just for the fun of it if it is the same problem exactly; can you move the recovery log to the SD card, have you tried to restore the nandroid backups with another SD card and what SD card are you using.

That way we will know if it is card specific or if it is a random SD card glitch.

:rofl3:

I am reading down thru your posts and thinking that is my suggestion, since it happened to me twice--unknowingly had a space in name instead of dot, was hard to see.

Glad you got it
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    :rofl3:

I am reading down thru your posts and thinking that is my suggestion, since it happened to me twice--unknowingly had a space in name instead of dot, was hard to see.

Glad you got it
    Ya I'm glad i got at least that resolved so I know not to put spaces now XD

But I still need to try and find a way to fix the prob with my SD card :/

Oops, I didn't see page 2

Thought you got it

Not sure either on your problem--last time I got hit like that, I reformatted outside phone (sdformatter) and repartitioned card. Then did fresh nandroids, using ADW or MyBackUpPro to restore screens. Kinda started over--sucks

You may also want to reflash Amon_Ra 2.2.1 thru Terminal

BTW: You can restore Apps and Data with TB, just not System Data

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links