Nothing works in recovery

This is a discussion on Nothing works in recovery within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by rugmankc O BTW: You can restore Apps and Data with TB, just not System Data Ken The problem is that sometimes the ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing works in recovery

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    O

BTW: You can restore Apps and Data with TB, just not System Data

Ken
    The problem is that sometimes the data that is restored messes with the new rom. Learned that the hard way the first time I flashed from cm6.0 on my mytouch3g to yoshi's gingerbread rom. The data was for a froyo cm set up and some of it corrupted the new setup. Ended up having to reflash and decided not to load data with apps after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Thanks for posting but unfortunately you are right and that does not help me much but lets see just for the fun of it if it is the same problem exactly; can you move the recovery log to the SD card, have you tried to restore the nandroid backups with another SD card and what SD card are you using.

That way we will know if it is card specific or if it is a random SD card glitch.
    The answer to that is yes, I have moved recoveries, and yes I have been able to use them. But there are more variables than just moving data on sd cards. How is the new card partitioned? Is there data on SD-Ext? If you are using apps2sd are there apps or the cache on the ext partition and did you copy that over as well.......

In any case, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberstoic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    O

BTW: You can restore Apps and Data with TB, just not System Data

Ken
    The problem is that sometimes the data that is restored messes with the new rom. Learned that the hard way the first time I flashed from cm6.0 on my mytouch3g to yoshi's gingerbread rom. The data was for a froyo cm set up and some of it corrupted the new setup. Ended up having to reflash and decided not to load data with apps after that.
    Understand, I know System Data is a no-no, but been ok with regular data "so far" Cross My Fingers
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by cyberstoic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Thanks for posting but unfortunately you are right and that does not help me much but lets see just for the fun of it if it is the same problem exactly; can you move the recovery log to the SD card, have you tried to restore the nandroid backups with another SD card and what SD card are you using.

That way we will know if it is card specific or if it is a random SD card glitch.
    The answer to that is yes, I have moved recoveries, and yes I have been able to use them. But there are more variables than just moving data on sd cards. How is the new card partitioned? Is there data on SD-Ext? If you are using apps2sd are there apps or the cache on the ext partition and did you copy that over as well.......

In any case, good luck!
    Ok but it's cause the new card is unpartition and same goes for the old card so after I format the thing it is done and both of them are FAT32 so they should work the same... or am I missing something?

That should work.

I am curious though, are these backups you are copying over needed?

The reason I ask, is that my worry in the back of my mind , is that what if some error has crept in during all the copying of files or what if the problem with the previous sd card corrupted the recovery you are copying.

Why not just put the new sd card in, and then make new backups from within rom mananger or from recovery with with amon_ra or cwm, depending on what you are using?

Well it's cause the backups aren't necessary I can delete them all it doesn't matter, that's not my problem cause I can flash them on the old card (as I actually did) but the problem is that I can make backups on the new SD card I just can't restore them. the backup will be made and it will save ok I can even flash them with the old SD but not with the new one.

What rom are you running?

How did you reformat sdcard

Give my last post a try

Get Quick Boot from Market and use it to boot into Recovery--don't use Rom Mgr this time around

BackUp SD Card to PC

Flash fresh Amon_Ra 2.2.1 from this link: [Recovery] [07-Jan-2011] RA-passion-v2.2.1 - xda-developers (under Downloads halfway down page) thru Terminal Emulator

Put Amon_Ra on root of SD Card

In terminal type:

SU

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-nexus-v2.1.1.img

Reformat with sdformatter outside the phone--full format on--erase on

Partition with Amon_Ra 1gb 0 swap--then select ext2 to ext3

Copy contents back to SD Card from PC

Flash a fresh rom after wiping ALL 5X

Flash DT 2.7.5.2 or 2.7.5.2-1 from here: [Script][A2SD]Darktremor 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 [N1] (01/29/2011) - xda-developers if you don't have 2.7.5.2 already on SD Card

Do this right after flashing rom--if the rom you use uses DT and not already built in

You don't have to set all of rom up--just basics and maybe a reboot to set spacing and DT stuff

Then do a backup using Quick Boot and Amon-Ra--then restore with QB and Amon

Hope I didn't miss anything--You know these steps as well as I do--I know this is basic stuff--but you just may need a complete, clean slate. I have done this a couple times when things seemed to get out of wack--so to speak.

BTW: I remember something about removing this with Root Explorer before installing new recovery--/system/etc/install-recovery.sh--not up much on that type of techy stuff

If it works you can then set up the rom the rest of the way.

Sorry if you have done this already--but, I am also at a loss for ideas

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Try making a backup without the ext partition, and see if you can restore it... (just curious)

Ok well I had sort of forgot about this my bad

But anyway the thing is that I hadn't partition the SD card in the first place so it can't be the partition messing things up I had formated the SD card and there was still this issue so I think it just might be the SD card that is messed up.

Now I wanted to try and flash Amon-RA from the terminal app but it didn't flash it gave me an error (possibly because of my card??) so now I'm lost again on what I should do but I don't think Amon-RA is the problem because don't forget it works with my other card.

Talking It's working

Well you know what guys we got it.

I was browsing around and I stumbled up on this thread http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-thru-yet.html and I saw where ken posted a link to an SD card formatter so I thought about this and said you know that might work so i downloaded it backed up my SD card did the format, put it in my booted into recovery then went to "move recovery log to SD card" and bam move successful. So now I have my SD card working again so I made a nandroid made a titanium backup and backed up my SD card to PC.

Now I want to flash darktremor and partition my SD card (not necessarily in that order now my question is I have a cm6.1.1 and I already flashed wildmonks kernel and FOTAkill and when you flash darktremor it's supposed to be right when you flash the ROM (well that is what everybody keeps saying at least) so does it mater if I just flash it now and like I said I have a nandroid so if all goes bad I can just restore but just want to know if it's a sure thing that all will go bad or not

Thanks for the advice everybody and a special thanks to ken from finding the key thing to solve my problem

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links