Nothing works in recovery

This is a discussion on Nothing works in recovery within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; lol Dude I have that 3 posts up You want to flash DT after rom or after rom and gapps if flashing gapps You will ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Nothing works in recovery

lol Dude I have that 3 posts up

You want to flash DT after rom or after rom and gapps if flashing gapps

You will need to flash DT everytime you flash a nightly as Cyan doesn't contain it.

If first time, you will need to run the DT commands, after that probably not

And yes, SDFormatter has been a life saver for me. The phones formatting before partitioning is useless

Are you up to speed on partioning, mainly 0 swap and probably would do a 1gb ext
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

You can install DT later, but you will then have to clean up some mess, like moving apps installed on the SD over to internal (which is now the ext), etc.

It's a lot easier if you do clean install and restore your Ti backup...

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    lol Dude I have that 3 posts up

You want to flash DT after rom or after rom and gapps if flashing gapps

You will need to flash DT everytime you flash a nightly as Cyan doesn't contain it.

If first time, you will need to run the DT commands, after that probably not

And yes, SDFormatter has been a life saver for me. The phones formatting before partitioning is useless

Are you up to speed on partioning, mainly 0 swap and probably would do a 1gb ext
    Ok well that was the thing I did the formating from my computer with the default windows formatter although should have known that that was the problem I mean windows is useless most of the time XD

So just to make sure I have it right right now I'm on cm6.1.1 with wildmonks kernel and FOTAkill and to add DT I need to:

Partition my SD card
    reflash cm6.1.1 then gapps then darktremor 2.7.5.2 then wildmonks kernel then FOTAkill then restore with titanium?

Ok thanks for the info danger I think I'll go with that cause I would rather just flash DT then flash everything again cause I don't have much on the SD anyway.

Ok well now I have a question I flashed DT and during the flash I'm not sure if that is the way it is supposed to go but it said deleting files like 10-15 times and copying files once so I was a little weired out then when I booted my phone I saw the default nexus background instead of my usual background and all my apps had no icon and when I try and open them it says this app is not installed on your phone so asking myself questions now. Maybe you can't flash it anytime other than right after ROM and gapps? Can anyone explain what just happend?

Did you partition your sd card? That needs done first. That's why your icons are blank. You said you have a nandroid so no problem.

See my post on previous page--

Back up sdcard. Format with sdformatter like before and put card back in phone and boot into Amon recovery. Partition sdcard as 0swap 1gb. After first partition you need to select ext2 to ext3 and partition again. Then use usb toggle to connect to pc and put sdcard backup back on card.

Then go back to main recovery page wipe all 5X, using system wipe from temasek if you have it. Restore nandroid 6.1.1. That nandroid should already have gapps.

Then go back to recovery and flash DT--the non beta version from my prevoius post. Reboot and go to Terminal Emulator and type--

su
    a2sd check
    a2sd reinstall

phone reboots

back in terminal--

a2sd zipalign
    a2sd noswap
    a2sd cachesd

phone reboots

use Quick System or TB to check your ext status

After that DT will move subsequent apps to ext--but if you flash another CM version or nightlies, just reflash DT and no commands needed

BTW, you need on phone to go to Cyanogen Settings/Applications and make sure internal is selected under Install location. The phone thinks apps are internal but the are really on ext.

Hope this makes sense--getting late for me
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

This is a link to Temasek's System Wipe--xda is down now, but when up it should take you to page with dl link

It is a zip you flash from recovery before doing tha data and cache wipes before flashing a new rom or if you go from CM6 to 7 you will need it too

This wipe cleans out the phone system, which is an option Amon doesn't have yet. When you flash a rom it supposedly writes over system, but in actuality some files are backed up from previous rom during flashing and reinstalled during the new flashing process

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Ok that all made sense and sounds right. Only thing is I did make the ex3 partition on the card before I flashed DT.

After I posted I actually did a little troubleshooting of my own and I though maybe that by flashing DT everything got moved to the SD-ext but for some reason the phone didn't recognize it so I did the command a2sd remove then it returned as I figure was normal then it rebooted. After the reboot almost all the apps were back except a few that seamed to be random I didn't see a link of any kind the other thing is that the phone now has the low memory notification in the status bar.

Now I think I'll go ahead and try a2sd reinstall and see what happens then I'll try and restore the missing apps via titanium I guess. One question though how do I do it so that some apps stay on the internal storage (widget, wallpapers)?

did you run a2sd cachesd--it puts dalvik cache to the ext

sounds like something didn't get done in right order or moved properly

thank goodness for nandroids and I would start backing up sdcard regulary

I've been doing a lot of card redo's lately

Quick System will tell you more accurately than TB what the ext numbers are and root explorer under /sdext will tell you what is there

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links