Nothing works in recovery

This is a discussion on Nothing works in recovery within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I never worried about what apps went to ext, not all of them do--it has always been auto for me In recovery under, I believe, ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Nothing works in recovery

I never worried about what apps went to ext, not all of them do--it has always been auto for me

In recovery under, I believe, Other and Partition SD Card there are options to repair sd card and fix apk links. Has helped sometimes
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Ok well I'll take a look at all that in the morning cause it's getting late for me two. Thanks for all the help but for today I'm calling it a night well where I am it's past midnight so technically it's morning XD

same here

I will be busy tomorrow for awhile, but DR or someone will be around
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Unhappy Oh boy

Ok well did a clean install reflashed cm6.1.1, gapps, rebooted, flashed dt a2sd, did a2sd reinstall, restored app and app data with TB, reset my settings the way I like them, everything was working fine until here.

Then I went to check and see how much data my internal storage said I had and it was down to 69.9 (or something like that) so I was confused so I was going to go and try reinstall again so I checked if anything was on the SD there were 3 versions of angry birds so I moved the first 2 over then the 3rd it said not enough room and i was starting to get some lag like I did before the clean install so I went to move one of them back to the SD it did it ok but then when I pressed home I got a black lagging screen so I tried to lock the device, nothing so I left it a minute screen timed out and neither trackball wake or power button did anything so I started being freaked out a little so I connected it to the computer via USB no charging light this is where I got scared cause of what happend last time, tryed adb, it works so I try "adb reboot" it just hangs so i canceled tried "adb reboot recovery" that hangs two so I tried adb shell just to see if adb was working but not adb commands (would be kind of weird though) that opens the shell so it's just the reboots that don't work.

Now I have no idea what to do cause I only have limited battery since the charging light doesn't come on and if I lose that charge I fear the worse. So what do you guys think I should do? I would do a wipe but I only have adb commands and I don't think there is adb wipe/factory reset ...

Wow dude, not sure what to advise

Before all the adb stuff, I would have recommended doing a a2sd cachesd

That will put Dalvik on sdext and free up more room--I thought that was your only remaining step

Not sure now what to say

I don't remember all the problems you had before

You could try the 3 finger salute--hold down pwr/vol-/trackball at same time and it will boot into bootloader then you can boot into recovery from that screen. If it works, do a nandroid then start over like you did--including format sd with sdformatter and repartition card--but run the a2sd cachesd command after the reinstall one. Phone should reboot after you run reinstall and before cachesd

I think you just messed things up with all the moving and adb things

When you run a2sd it fools phone into thinking apps are internal, but they are not. You do need to have Internal elected on phone option where it asks where to move apps to. Forget where that is, I am on Sense now.

To check where they really are--use Root Explorer and check under sdext

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Ok got ya. Now I realize what the data that was all taken up was so your right I should have done "a2sd cashed" but I can't now because when I pressed home after moving angry birds to the SD I was going to go and ask what I should do because I forgot the step of "a2sd cached" but that is when it froze.

Now the phone is on not responding to any buttons.
    It's connected to the computer and adb works so I can at least interact with the phone a little.
    The phone is not charging so if the battery goes out I don't think I can do anything else.

Now I want to know what you think I should do, should I pull battery and try the 3 figure salute, or should I do something with the adb because if I pull the battery and the phone doesn't want to turn back on then I'm screwed and I can't do any thing anymore but if it does turn on then I can work my way out of this. But now I'm just nervous

Thanks for all the help ken

That's a tough question, since I am poor at adb

But, adb kill-server is suppose to disconnect you, like unmounting, I believe

You don't need to pull battery for 3 finger, just do it after disconnected from pc

But, it could take 10 to 20 seconds or more to reboot to bootloader when you do that--scared me sometimes on the delay

I don't think you are anywhere that is not recoverable from--just may take someone smarter than me on this stuff. I usually just fumble thru until I get it working again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

The three figure salute worked! :D

Now I went from hboot to fastboot then rebooted the phone and did "a2sd cachesd" thanks for the help ken. Do you know how your supposed to move the live wallpapers and widgets to the internal storage cause I checked with estrong and I have all my apps on the sd-ext but that includes LWPs so how do you move those back I'm going to suppose that you don't just move the files back to the data partition on the phone I figure there is a command to move individual apps to the internal. Or am I lost and that's not how it works.

Unless you are having a problem, don't mess with it. I don't even think about it, just run commands and forget.

I do run a zipalign and noswap command in addition to the 2 others. Not sure if really needed.

They can be moved thru Terminal or Fastboot I believe, if you know exaxct commands. The commands may vary depending on the method used.

But, I would leave well enough alone.

Glad you got it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Ok thanks allot for the advice and the help ken I'll leave it as is for now but if I know me I'll want to mess around with something eventually to try and make it better and I'll end up messing it up again but oh well at least I get experience from it :D

But for now all I have left to do is to reflash wildmonks kernel and make a nandroid backup.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links