Nothing works in recovery

This is a discussion on Nothing works in recovery within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok well I was going to go and partition the SD card so I made a nandroid backup then I wanted to check one of ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing works in recovery

Nothing works in recovery

Ok well I was going to go and partition the SD card so I made a nandroid backup then I wanted to check one of my other backups because I couldn't remember what it was so when I went to restore it Amon-RA gave me an error and told me to check the recovery log. Since I had a backup made I said "what ever I'll just try a wipe before anything else" wiped same issue.

so I went to move the log to the SD card and that gave me the same error message so then I rebooted the ROM and tried to checked for cache\recovery.log and tmp\recovery.log (with the cyanogen built in file explorer) which is where the log should be but there is nothing there it's like if the file explorer didn't have root access but that is like impossible since it's an app from the ROM.

Anyway then I thought it might have been because of the kernel that I had installed (wouldn't think so but just encase) so I reflashed cyanogen all together and still the same error message when I try restore the backup.

Now if anyone can think of anything it would be really appreciated cause I'm out of ideas :/

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Which recovery are you using?

Amon-RA and ya I'm aware of the problems with clockworkmod.

Ahh, but at least Clockwork tells you where it's failing... xD

Have you checked your SD for errors?

I had this problem as well, dude. After fiddling around and going back to clockwork it worked. Just for grins i went to amon ra and it worked as well. Not sure what i did to fix it. Have you tried fixing permissions?

I was going to suggest changing to a different recovery, and then back to Amon.
    I've seen a few people getting problems with Amon that seems to be fixed by switching recoveries, and then switching back...

Ok well I'll try switching recovery and back again, if I do it from ROM manager is that a problem? Also do you have a software in mind to find and fix SD card errors? Thanks for the help. And sorry for running out right after asking the question yesterday

Nope tried flash clockwork mod then back to Amon-RA and then fix permission but when I tried to restore the backup still nothing and same goes for when I tried to move the recovery log :/ I guess the only possible solution left would be to try and solve SD card errors.

Ok well I I checked the SD card for errors with the windows default tool and I defragmented it still nothing then I thought back to my old SD card that came with the phone made a nandroid folder and a subfolder with the S/N of my phone (as Amon-RA does by default) and then I copied the nandroid over to it still nothing. Now I'm really lost cause this tels me that the problem is not with the SD card but with the phone, but if it was the phone then shouldn't reflashing the recovery have fixed it :confused: the only thing left that I can think of is a problem with su but then how come I can make nandroid backups (I just can't restore then :/ ). So if you guys have anymore ideas please share.

Yeah!!!!!!!!

Well finally it took a while but I found the source (or sources) of the problem. Remember that card I tried well it still had the old stuff from before I sent my phone to htc so I wiped it clean and remade those folders and put the backup on it then I tried to restore the backup usually I only got one "." now I got three so I went to move log to SD card it worked so I went to take a look at it and the way I was looking it looked like it was messing up because there was a space in what I had renamed the file so I renamed the file with only chars and underscores and presto the backup restored fine.

So as always thank you very much for you guys help

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links