Is there a root howto for Linux users?

This is a discussion on Is there a root howto for Linux users? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi. sorry if this sounds silly but I want to install cyanogen and I guess I have to root the Nexus One first. The Howtos ...

Thread: Is there a root howto for Linux users?

Is there a root howto for Linux users?

Hi. sorry if this sounds silly but I want to install cyanogen and I guess I have to root the Nexus One first. The Howtos I found for howto root seem to be Windows oriented.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hey,

I am by no means an expert, but...

Depending on what you running on your Nexus One currently (gingerbread, froyo) will determine your rooting method.

But, I think mainly you need to get the android sdk downloaded and installed and configure to run in your linux environment - Android SDK | Android Developers

From there, since a lot of the commands that are issued in a lot of the rooting tutorials are from the android sdb toolkit, it should be easy to adapt any tutorial you find to work under linux.. I think anyway
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

I'm playing with Linux (Ubuntu) a lot these days, but still getting up to speed. Hope to have a guide before too long (I've been able to root with Ubuntu, I just need to remember what I did)...

The SDK is over-kill, because you only really need 3 or 4 files. The main difference is setting up the udev/rules and using adb-linux instead of adb...

Which version of Android are you on?

Yum > synaptic/apt-get ... In my opinion.

didn't know only 4 files were required thats interesting. I would think that since android is linux. Rooting from a linux box should be just as easy

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links