if i root, then install Cyanogen, i don't have to root again right?

This is a discussion on if i root, then install Cyanogen, i don't have to root again right? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; cause one of the points behind Cyanogen is it gives you more control so i would think it would come "rooted"?...

Thread: if i root, then install Cyanogen, i don't have to root again right?

if i root, then install Cyanogen, i don't have to root again right?

cause one of the points behind Cyanogen is it gives you more control so i would think it would come "rooted"?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Personaly i think that once youre fone is rooted its "rooted".no need to do it again.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    use to ave a milestone xt720 but got converted to nexus one....YA MAN :nexusx:

No you would still be rooted,what are you running?

Not so true,I lost root as soon as I flashed back to 2.2 in order to try the 2.3.4 update,but if your all ready rooted and you flash cyan you will remain rooted

Quote Originally Posted by 40ftcobb View Post
    No you would still be rooted,what are you running?

Not so true,I lost root as soon as I flashed back to 2.2 in order to try the 2.3.4 update,but if your all ready rooted and you flash cyan you will remain rooted

Did you flash to a CM 2.2 or back to stock Froyo? My recollection is that stock froyo had a perfected SPL and essentially reverted you back to stock everything, no root, bloatware and all.

Had the same problem on my mytouch 3g when I reverted back to stock to try the 2.2 stock update. And with a perfected spl, it was more difficult to root and to get the custom recovery to stay.

Ya I use the stock 2.2 for the n1 from HTC development sites,and ya it includes all the bloat ware and all but I always have the z4root on my SD card so rerooting is easy,then flash cm7 and bobs your uncle

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links