confused on hack

This is a discussion on confused on hack within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Lol be warned hacking your becomes very addicting,I believe I have a problem myself but oh the joys of listening to my iPhone friends saying ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: confused on hack

Lol be warned hacking your becomes very addicting,I believe I have a problem myself but oh the joys of listening to my iPhone friends saying "wish I could do that"

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I just had a fanboy tell me how much better an iphone is to any other phone. I proceeded to (because he was a captive audience) show him all the cool stuff I can do. heacted uninspired...but I know better.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    I just had a fanboy tell me how much better an iphone is to any other phone. I proceeded to (because he was a captive audience) show him all the cool stuff I can do. heacted uninspired...but I know better.
    epic fail :thumbsdown:

I steer clear of these guys because every time I hear one of them preach about how amazing their iphone, ipad, imac, icar, iearphone, ietc... it makes my ears bleed and sends me into a furious rage :hulksmash:

Most of them can't even justify why... it always ends with "It just works".. so tired of hearing that

Sorry dudewithaplan.. I wasn't sure on that point. I thought I might be wrong so thank you for clearing that up
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Everybody thanks for the responsiveness!!

i really feel dump asking questions that for most is getting tired to answer,so please forgive me.

just bought a nexus one with factory android stock 2.1. eclair

help by numbers if possible!!:

1. tell me the best way to get cyanogen mod 7 with out void my warranty(i click root?)

2. do i have to upgrade version to version(2.1->2.2->2.3->) to get tha latest android 2.3.4??(root or with out)

3. has anybody found a way to root android 2.3.4 with out unlocking bootloader?

4. if somebody has good suggestion what to do with a new Nexus one for better OS please give me answers and guidense tutorials for the above ,or his own solution(protecting always the warranty).......

5. i havent understand yet how to but custom roms on a rooted nexus one and on will go easy on a other

thanks and forgive my dumminess!

anyone????
    i exhausted you with my ''very easy'' found questions????

Hey demetris,

I can't help much, but. Also. Keep in mind the brains around here are in the U.S. and on the west coast its 7:30 am right now.

1. The easiest way is with rom manager, but you must root first. Flashing roms is easy. Rooting, at least for me wasn't. But you have an advantage in that you can root from eclair.

2. No. There are one click methods for all three. Gingerbreak just came out for gingerbread. Super one click is supposed to be pretty easy and I highly recommend rooting from eclair. Danger or dude random would know better than me though.

3.cyanogen is better than gingerbread in some peoples minds, but keep in mind that the Nexus One having native android makes it tops in stock OS and therefore you will be very happy with it.

4. Now if you decide not to root, you will get/continue to get updates over the air. Being on 2.1 means that you're. Behind quite a bit, but that should not be a problem. There is carry simple code on the "codes" thread that everyone refers to as "checkin" which will alert Google that you want an update, but don't do that now. Wait until you know that you want it and may be making it more difficult on yourself when rooting.

In addition. Read threads in the "development and hacking sectiong" here. You can also go to cyanogen wiki and xda developers.

Nexus One - CyanogenMod Wiki
    How To: Root the Nexus One (Updated 01.11.10) | TheUnlockr
    How To: Root the Nexus One (Updated 01.11.10) | TheUnlockr

sorry about the urgent request,i didn t place in mind the time difference....i am ahead 8 hrs,so for me its afternoon

thanks for the tips and answers you gave!
    ...as much as i can get the better

I highly recommend reading threads here, in xda and the wiki. There is plenty more. There are other roms. I really like miui which was just added to rom manager. I'm on cyanogen now and am quite happy. Those are the two most popular. There are tons of variations of both.

One more thing I forgot the code to put in your dialer is: *#*#checkin#*#* but its numeric so you type "*#*#2432546#*#*" without the quotes. Again that will tell the Google servers you need and update and you will be sent one.

But don't do that until you're sure you don't want to root, because I think you should root from 2.1. Again I am no expert.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links