confused on hack

This is a discussion on confused on hack within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; hello there i am new in the android world i have some questions and i would pleased if people you could answer them,i have checked ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: confused on hack

confused on hack

hello there i am new in the android world
    i have some questions and i would pleased if people you could answer them,i have checked other threats concerning this subjects but the confusion still exists due to the fact that i didn understand the meaning and ways of each one of them!

1.when you root your phone ''1 click root'' that means........?????

2. when i unloacking bootlaoder means....?????

if the 1. is not breaking the warranty ,y isnt everybody doing only root??? why some are doing 2.??

is there a way that you can have installed both roms such the official that you get OTA and a custom rom ,choosing depending your mood wwhich one you will run????

what is the benefits of the above ways???

please refer me to some worthly links as an extra feedback?

i will get a nexus one in this week,is it a good choice or not???(there is multible subjects on this matter but there old,i am asking about nowdays)

thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't know even a quarter of what the others on this forum know, but I'll share what I've learned so far...

Unlocking the bootloader is basically the ultimate root. You can change any software on the phone at will.

Here is some more information: What Is Bootloader And How To Unlock Bootloader On Android Phones [Complete Guide]

For me, I only wanted to have root access so that I could install root application such as, Droidwall and Titanium Backup. For others, like yourself, you may want to take it a step further and load a custom ROM onto your phone like Cyanogenmod. To do this, you must have the bootloader unlocked.

Currently, there is no "one click" method for Gingerbread 2.3.4. If the Nexus One you get has Gingerbread 2.3.4, then you will have to flash froyo 2.2, root, and then customize the phone from there however you want (i.e. Custom recovery, unlock bootloader, etc).

I think if you really want to get heavy into modding the phone unlocking the bootloader is the way to go. With this you will be able to switch back and forth between stock updates and custom ROM's

The benefit to rooting is having the ability to configure and tweak your phone to fit your personality. Plus you can get ride of all the bloatware the manufacturers load onto the phone.

As for resources, browse this forum as there is a lot of good information and a ton of helpful and knowledgeable people. Also check out the XDA forums.
    If all else fails, ask lots of questions and use google!
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Ya if your phone is new and still under warranty I would go with the flashing of 2.2,as soon as you unlock bootloader its void,plus its much easier to root,install custom roms,and a good way to learn flashing and get a feel for your phone,
    It took me over a year to get the courage to flash a rom,lol,but the guys on here are great and once I did it,(only about 2months ago),I haven't stop lol it becomes very addicting,but read and research as much as you can just like Bourne says.
    Good luck

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Welcome to the darkside its brighter than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by 40ftcobb View Post
    Ya if your phone is new and still under warranty I would go with the flashing of 2.2,as soon as you unlock bootloader its void,plus its much easier to root,install custom roms,and a good way to learn flashing and get a feel for your phone,
    people thanks but as i quoted above,you mean with froyo you can root and install custom roms with out ulck bootloader??

also i have seen some nexus one phones for $300 is it good for nowdays??

again thanks

Bourne,

My bootloader is locked and I'm on Cyanogen mod 7!

As long as you're rooted you can flash custom roms. So you can flash CM anytime you want as long as you do a system backup. You should try it. It's almost as easy as loading an app and you can always flash your backup and your phone will be just like it is now!

Quote Originally Posted by demertis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 40ftcobb View Post
    people thanks but as i quoted above,you mean with froyo you can root and install custom roms with out ulck bootloader??

also i have seen some nexus one phones for $300 is it good for nowdays??

again thanks
    Once you're rooted you can flash roms and get stock updates. The problem is that the updates will cause you to lose root.

As I understand. Gingerbreak is like superoneclick for gingerbread.

The N1 is a fantastic phone. Well worth $300. The Droid incredible and HTC desire are still on the market and are very close to being the same phone, only that the n1 is better. Unless you're looking for the latest and greatest its a helluva phone. At least for another 4-5 months its Google's official developer phone. So yeah. It is a good phone nowadays!

Ok here is the full storry might be a little long though.

If you have root you can do most anything you can flash ROMs you can install root apps you can do probably everything you want to do.

Why do some people unlock the bootloader?
    For some this is better because while you can do most anything with root access you can do anything with an unlocked bootloader. Some people did it just because at the beginning there was no other way to root. Others because they want fastboot access (I'll explain that later). And then there is the bonus that when you have an unlocked bootloader you can just flash su (super user) into any version of android and have root access.

What is fastboot and why should I care?
    When you have a locked bootloader your only way to flash ROMs and stuff is from recovery (the only thing you can flash without a custom recovery is a recovery) but the only things that a custom recovery can flash are flashable zips so if what you want to flash is not in a zip you need to have an unlocked bootloader this is the case with boot animations most of the time.

Can you have a two ROMs and chose depending on your mood?
    More or less you can have a nandroid backup of a ROM as many ROMs as you want (as long as they fit on the SD card) and just restore them from recovery when you want to change the only thing with this is that what ever data went on to the last ROM will not be back on this one when you restore it unless you back it up with titanium backup and restore it. So this can be done but the changing ROMs is not exactly a two minute process. This can be made a little simpler just it's still not a 2 minute process.

Advantages
    You can run a couple of ROMs at a time and it's fun to be able to chose just like that.

Hope that wasn't to long but I think it was pretty complete if I forgot something anyone feel free to add something in.

Dude Random21 it was rocking good!!!!!

very helpfull for me and hope for others reading the particular threat!!!!!!

any good links on all of the above for deeper knowledge????

awsome,people thanks!!!

Links not really but if you want to learn about hacking then I suggest you read up in the development and hacking section of this forum and once you feel comfortable with everything then you give it a try and see what happens that is the best way to learn. And if you ever mess and don't know what to do just ask and someone will surly have an answer for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Links not really but if you want to learn about hacking then I suggest you read up in the development and hacking section of this forum and once you feel comfortable with everything then you give it a try and see what happens that is the best way to learn. And if you ever mess and don't know what to do just ask and someone will surly have an answer for you.
    ...and they'll respond pretty quickly too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links