SD card partition wipe?

This is a discussion on SD card partition wipe? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok so I'm about to flash evil-nxsense rom and I was wondering if a wipe of my SD partition will wipe my card(all my roms ...

Thread: SD card partition wipe?

SD card partition wipe?

Ok so I'm about to flash evil-nxsense rom and I was wondering if a wipe of my SD partition will wipe my card(all my roms are on there)as my laptop is dead I want to be real carefull

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

40ftcobb,

Here's the deal, if you don't already know--

These are huge roms and require a minimum 1gb 0 swap sd ext--I use ext3

Wiping the ext during normal data/cache wipes won't wipe card except for android secure

But, HIGHLY recommend backing card up to somewhere, maybe a thumb drive off someone else's computer, unless you have a bu somewhere else

If you are repartitioning it will wipe sdcard

My advise is to wait until you can bu card

Then you need to:

Format card outside of phone with sdformatter--phone does not format well enough.

Then do the partitioning to ext3

Then do a system wipe from Temasek [NIGHTLY][ROM] [GRJ22] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Passion (HTC Nexus One) - Page 1767 - xda-developers

Then wipe data and caches 5X

Then flash rom--forget if any particular tips/requirements are on OP page other than what I mentioned

The reason I mention this is that these huge sense roms don't always play well on tne N1 and these procedures I mentioned help reduce issues.

Without a System Wipe some files from previous rom are still there

I have always had issues going to and from sense roms until I started to do this

Didn't list all steps in detail, but think you know the rest

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Ok makes sense,probly why it didn't work my partition is only 528 I beilive,so can I go through recovery and re-partition my card?
    And if I do will I have 2 partions or will the new one replace the old?

These roms are over 500mb unzipped, so it won't work

No, you need to reformat card which will wipe all of sd card, including your ext--so you NEED a bu to restore all your card data

Then partitioning will put a new ext on card, the 1gb 0 swap ext3

To not get into real trouble, I would do all I outlined in my first post. Starting with an sdcrad bu to a pc/laptop

I can delineate any of the steps above if you haven't done any of this before, at least up to about 10pm EST US

I am not much on troubleshoooting broken phones, adb etc--but, I have gotten real good at properly setting up my card for new roms, esp the sense/desire ones. Kinda out of screwing it up to begin with
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Cool,k well I all read backed up everything of importance and all my Roms are stored on 4shared or bropbox so I'm prepared to reformat not worried about losing everything.just wanna make sure before I start,like I said my laptop is toast,make sure I can do it from the phone

Asd long as you can get all card data back on card you can do all from phone

Just not a thorough format with the phone. Kinda like a quick format. It is just that our phones are finickey with these roms and the left over stuff can play havoc with flashing a sense rom

When you partition with Amon recovery it will only do ext2 first time around

You need to go back and choose ext2 to ext3

Have your rom on card somewhere after you format and make ext, then do the system wipe if you can get it to phone, Then the usual data/caches 5X

If you can't get the Temasek zip on the phone after you partition you will just have to see if it works

These roms take a while to boot--maybe up to 20 minutes

If you flash the rom and it installs ok but takes too long booting, just pull the battery and repwr on

Sometimes that works for me

Did you read OP page and last dozen or so thread pages for any tips/issues--always a good idea

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Correction on this rom's size

136mb zipped, so probably 250+ unzipped, don't remember

Still enough to go to 1gb, not 500mb

Esp if you attempt the RCADSmix Sense 3.0 rom, that is a lot larger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Rugman you rock yet again,the format partition.zip worked great and I'm now running evil nxsense hd,thanks man this is a stunning Rom,
    Your man dude
    Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Glad it's working, enjoy. That rom is one of the more stable Sense roms

Did you mean Temasek's System Wipe when mentioning the format partition zip

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links