SLCD Not Working AFter Superboot

This is a discussion on SLCD Not Working AFter Superboot within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Let’s be honest from the start here: I’m using a Mac and have recently unblocked and rooted my Nexus One. I used the following tutorial ...

Thread: SLCD Not Working AFter Superboot

Junior Member Sean The Spaniard's Avatar

Unhappy SLCD Not Working AFter Superboot

Let’s be honest from the start here: I’m using a Mac and have recently unblocked and rooted my Nexus One. I used the following tutorial down to the last word:

[Complete guide with Images] Unlock Bootloader and Root Google Nexus One [Mac, Windows, Linux] | iLikeMyGooglePhone

and have managed to achieve root.

However, when I turn the phone off and back on again, the boot (x) screen shows with the unlocked sign underneath, but the screen doesn’t work. I can feel it reacting when I touch it, but can’t see anything. I’ve wiped/ restored and reinstalled, but the same problem keeps popping up again. Have I used the correct superboot version? I’ve heard that there might be an issue for those with SLCD screens. Now I’m looking at something called Superfroyo.

I’m currently on 2.2.1 FRG83D.

Any suggestions? I’m fairly new to all this.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Problem solved - New Problem

Okay, I’ve managed to find a better step by step guide for noobs in order to run Cyanogen, but seem to get stuck at Step 27:

How to hack your Nexus One to run Cyanogen for a good performance boost (and some serious geek cred)

When trying to flash the file gapps-passion-ERE36B-2-signed.zip from recovery I get this error message:

Installing update...
    E: Can’t find update script

Installation aborted.

I’ve followed the step-by-step guide and have put this file in the same place as update-cm-5.0.4.1-N1-signed.zip (on SD Card). The Cyanogen update has worked fine, but the Google Apps aren’t.

Have solved the screen problem by using recovery-RA-nexus-v1.8.0.1-aw.img which sorts out the problem for those with an SLCD.

Dammit! I’m so close!

Why are you trying to install CM5, when the rest of the world is running with CM7?

Here is a link to where you can get all the versions of cyanogen mod I suggest you get cm7 now for your gapps just download the HDPI ones as listed in the table above the list of gapps downloads (bottom the of page)

Latest Version - CyanogenMod Wiki

CM7 installed

Okay guys. Thanks for the response.

Am currently working on my Nexus on with fully-functioning CM7, but without google apps. Will get them installed with the links added and will let you know how I get on!

Problems with Mac & Zip files

Right,

The links on the Wiki site worked fine even though the file was exactly the same as the one that wouldn’t load before.

I tried downloading the file and selecting ‘Save File As’ and making sure it was saving as a .zip. Could it be that Macs automatically unzip files unless you state otherwise and because I was compressing the file afterwards that was making it unable to flash?

Either way, I’ve got CM7 running with Google Apps.

Thanks for the help.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links