Help to root Nexus One on 2.3.4 [Beginner]

This is a discussion on Help to root Nexus One on 2.3.4 [Beginner] within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok well I'm not Danger-Rat hope you don't mind but here are the instructions. First off if you want to go completely stock you will ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Help to root Nexus One on 2.3.4 [Beginner]

Ok well I'm not Danger-Rat hope you don't mind but here are the instructions.

First off if you want to go completely stock you will need to use the passimg method here's a link to some instructions under restore to factory settings http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ne-oracle.html but you will lose root. Now the ROM you provided is frg83 if you want to have gingerbread I would use this file [ROM] GRI40 Stock, Deodexed, rooted, busybox, battery %, TB alert 3/04/11 - xda-developers.

Place the file for the ROM you want on your SD card then go into ROM manager and install another recovery either go to all clockwork mod recoveries and select 2.5.1.4 or go to flash alternate recovery (Amon-Ra). Then boot into recovery and make a nandroid backup under backup and restore or nandroid. Then wipe all at least 2X and system at least once if you chose Amon-Ra you'll need to flash this file to wipe system http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31690913/and...ystem-only.zip in clockwork mod it's under mounts and storage then format system. Then go to flash zip from SD card (or something like that depending on which recovery you pic. Then chose the ROM file you put on the SD card earlier wait for it to flash and you done, just reboot system now and you'll be running the ROM you want.

First of all u dwnld android sdk on ur system and a fastboot file. Sdk must be installed in such a way it should recognize ur device,to know wheather u installed correctly or not just open cmd and type adb devices it will show model no of ur device and is type fastboot devices if it lists ur device its good or else go to my computer right click and select manage devices and in right plane u will see a yellow triangle with !. Just right click it and update drivers select it....
    Now put phone in recovery, in cmd type fastboot devics it will show ur model no and next type fastboot oem unlock. U will get a screen asking for unlocking bootloader...... :-)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

hi DR21,

Thanks for kind recognition

Well, i follow your advice and below is what I found:

1. in rom manager, i choose all clockwork recoveries and it says "no legacy recoveries found". i am on CWM 3005. alternate recoveries option is disabled!

2. I am more comfortable with CWM instead of amon_ra. also, other than what i mention above, i follow the exact same procedure for frg81 and upon selecting the zip file from sd card to flash, it gives me a long error related to edify scripting not supported etc.

So, i am still at same point where i was before.

Ok well I still suspect your recovery is the problem because clockworkmod 3.X is know to have problems on the nexus one so I figure if you can manage to switch over then you'll be all good. Now the strange thing is that the all clockworkmod recoveries is grayed out I know you don't want to use Amon-Ra but is the flash alternate recovery grayed out? If so then just for the fun of it can you flash it then reboot and check to see if the option for all clockworkmod recoveries is still grayed out.

If it is then we'll have to flash a recovery through either terminal or fastboot. Is your bootloader unlocked (if at the :nexusx: you see an unlocked padlock it is)?

Hi,

I think my bootloader is unlocked as I have flashed the latest radio thru android sdk fastboot method to my N1 earlier.

Also, I have the lock icon appearing as unlocked so it shows the bootloader is fine.

As a matter of fact, i am also comfortable with sdk method to be honest. So, it would be great if you kindly provide detail steps of doing it sdk way and i will follow.

Just a wild guess here - isn't it that simple? Extract three .img files out of stock zip and flash them one by one thru fastboot command ...?

Please do let me know if you know some better stock ROM than the one i have mentioned in my original post (FRG81).

thanks.

If your bootloader is unlocked, just use the passimg to get back to the latest stock ROM, then use fastboot to flash recovery and install su?

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    If your bootloader is unlocked, just use the passimg to get back to the latest stock ROM, then use fastboot to flash recovery and install su?

my original question still stands - how to do that?

I am sorry but I am not an expert in doing it without some help!

Just follow the instructions in this post http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post98568 and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I tried to find the version of passimg and i got below from the fastboot command as specified in the guide:

C:\AndroidSDK\android-sdk-windows\tools>fastboot getvar mainver
    mainver: 1.01.1700.1
    finished. total time: 0.002s

should I use the first zip file which is mentioned in the guide for my version?

also, do i need to make the nandroid backup before doing factory reset? what would be my recovery options if things went wrong??!

Your data will be lost either way because passimg wipes user data so if you want you can make a nandroid and/or a titanium backup. Now I doubt anything could go wrong because passimg is made to be pretty much idiot proof cause if there is an error or anything it just won't flash.

And you can use either file just most people use the first one.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links