Faster GPS connection

This is a discussion on Faster GPS connection within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm on cm7.1 and well honestly this phone never connected/ found GPS signal fast. By fast I mean within 10 minutes. It will always say ...

Thread: Faster GPS connection

Faster GPS connection

I'm on cm7.1 and well honestly this phone never connected/ found GPS signal fast.

By fast I mean within 10 minutes. It will always say " search for signal" but it can get me a general idea of where I'm at. Just not a lock on to give me turn by turn. It is my phone, settings or rom?

I would have races with my gf's nexus s stock and she would always get a connection in under 7minutes compared to me where I might never get a connection to least taking 10 minutes longer.

Sent from my Nexus One

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

My gps always finds the signal within one minute. N1 2.3.3 rooted.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

My GPS has never caused issues either (on MIUI right now). Usually the reason why GPS takes so long to get a location fix is when the ephemeris data isn't valid (GPS satellite location information). If you've traveled a distance between GPS uses then it'll take some time to lock a position. Or maybe the GPS data isn't being saved properly - same net effect.

It never locked on fast for me. But I never had stock rom. Always with CM. I don't use it much, but that's because when I tried it took forever.

But it knows where I'm at, I'm guessing it's using cell tower to figure the area but that doesn't active the voice. Just gets me a live map.

Sent from my Nexus One

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links