cant get into recovery

This is a discussion on cant get into recovery within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have the nexus one I had froyo rooted on it. Gingerbread update came to my phone from stock so i unrooted and updated to ...

Thread: cant get into recovery

Unhappy cant get into recovery

I have the nexus one I had froyo rooted on it. Gingerbread update came to my phone from stock so i unrooted and updated to gingerbread 2.3.3. then another update came and I updated to 2.3.4 now when I try to get into my recovery I get the triangle with the exclamation mark. I'm trying to root gingerbread but i cant do that due to the fact that i cant access recovery.. its really anoying the phone is so limited i cant format it i cant do anything i would really appreciate the help

i tried the flash recovery from rom manager but my phone isn't rooted so the flash wont work it tells me an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

When you updated you lost root. Also, the stock Google ROM (which you now have) overwrites recovery with the the stock recovery image upon reboot - so you now have the stock recovery. To access the recovery menu, when you get to the exclamation guy, press the power and volume up keys together (volume slightly before volume up). The stock recovery can only be used to install Google updates, so it's about as much use as a chocolate teapot...

2.3.4 cannot be rooted by exploit. To root you will have to either role back to an earlier version of Android, or unlock the bootloader...

how am i going to unlock boot loader if my phone is not rooted and my recovery is useless?

You connect it to a PC and use fastboot. The fastboot command is "fastboot oem unlock". This will unlock your bootloader, then you can install a custom recovery...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links