Nexus One will not boot

This is a discussion on Nexus One will not boot within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi Everyone, I'm stuck here with a problem. I used the instructions below to unlock my bootloader and root my Nexus One 2.3.4. I foolishly ...

Thread: Nexus One will not boot

Junior Member DigitalDefecation's Avatar

Nexus One will not boot

Hi Everyone,

I'm stuck here with a problem. I used the instructions below to unlock my bootloader and root my Nexus One 2.3.4. I foolishly followed a few links on a forum that brought me to that page and didn't really notice how outdated the instructions might've been.

[Complete guide with Images] Unlock Bootloader and Root Google Nexus One [Mac, Windows, Linux] | iLikeMyGooglePhone

I'm not sure where I went wrong, but after completing the process (using a mac) I'm no longer able boot into the OS. All I see is the boot screen with the unlocked padlock at the bottom of the screen. It hangs there until I pull the battery.

I'm able to enter the fastboot menu by clicking the power button and trackball, and I can also enter the recovery mode where it requests apply update.zip file. At this point I know the tutorial was successful in unlocking my bootloader, but I'm not exactly too sure if I actually rooted the phone. It seems to me as though I've wiped out my OS and don't have a recovery image on my SD card. I'm wondering if any of you could let me know what I'd need to do to get an OS back on this thing. I can no longer access the memory card to copy an image over to the SD card on the N1, but I'd be able to copy files to the card using my memory card reader.

I've spent a couple hours searching Google and reading forums and I still can't find the information to get it fixed. Any insight will be appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ya this is really a problem that you need to come to a forum or community for cause it's not a common issue so you did the right thing

Now to fix it I would start off by trying the passimg method just follow the instructions in this post for it and tell me the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Ya this is really a problem that you need to come to a forum or community for cause it's not a common issue so you did the right thing

Now to fix it I would start off by trying the passimg method just follow the instructions in this post for it and tell me the results.
    Thanks for the help. I tried with FRG83. It appears to install and then it gets to the "checking" part, then it goes back to the fastboot screen, but after rebooting it still hangs at the boot screen. Any other ideas?

Sounds like a zip in zip issue but that file should not have a zip in it it should be the one you are supposed to flash so I would redownload it encase it's corrupted or something and maybe try the frg33 file.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Sounds like a zip in zip issue but that file should not have a zip in it it should be the one you are supposed to flash so I would redownload it encase it's corrupted or something and maybe try the frg33 file.
    Bingo!

I must've had a bad FRG83 from a different source. I downloaded it from the thread you posted here, renamed it to passimg.zip, copied it to the root folder of the SD, and my phone is alive again!

I didn't think I could use FRG83 to restore the OS. I thought I needed an older version of Android. The link you provided explained the "Main version is older" error which I had seen when trying to restore from an older version but forgot to mention in my original post.

Thanks Man You were a great help.

All the karma in the world to you!

No problem and thanks for the karma

btw if you want I can help you root now with a method that's a little better if you need instructions check the thread that I sent you earlier in the rooting section you can start at "getting root access" if you need any help just ask.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links