N1 stuck on stock ROM et no camera

This is a discussion on N1 stuck on stock ROM et no camera within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Okay, so here's what's going on: I rooted my N1 running 2.3.6 with superboot. Bootloader is unlocked. Foolishly, I made the mistake of not making ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N1 stuck on stock ROM et no camera

Unhappy N1 stuck on stock ROM et no camera

Okay, so here's what's going on:
    I rooted my N1 running 2.3.6 with superboot. Bootloader is unlocked. Foolishly, I made the mistake of not making a Nandroid backup; I thought titanium and update.zip were safe enough. So I flashed a custom kernel (pershoot's) for the N1. Suddenly, my phone's camera stopped working. I did some research and found out that pershoots ROM doesn't support HD camera or something of that nature. I tried to flash update.zip and titanium.zip, and I even tried 2.2 PASSIMG.zip from the bootloader and from clockwork recovery. So, my camera doesn't work, flashing other custom kernel's won't fix it (I've tried), and I can't flash updates. My phone is pretty much useless to me without these functions. Could someone please help me out?
    PS., I'm kind of a noob, but I know some of the basic hacking stuff about android.

Fingers crossed,
    Alex

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not sure what you mean by trying passimg through bootloader and recovery. Can you elaborate a bit, and I'll see if I can help you out...

What did you do, what happened, and what error messages did you see?

downloaded 2.2 froyo and renamed as PASSIMG.zip. Then I booter into fastboot and it checked for PASSIMG.zip and then said "no file or image", and I can't boot into froyo.

And clockworkmod recovery was wrong. I meant that flashing stock/cyanogen/backup doesn't work on clockwork recovery.

Ok, so it looks like you've named the file incorrectly...

Try using eStrongs file manager from the phone and take a look at the file. My guess is its actually named PASSIMG.zip.zip (Windows can hide the extension).

Haha, I understand that. When I download the file, I make sure that it shows the file extensions before I make a change to the name. So, it's definetly not that because I've checked it. Hmm. Are you familiar in flashing kernels and such?

Yeah, I've flashed a few kernels...

I've only flashed the kernels on kernel manager that say they are compatible with N1 on stock ROM. But if I flash a custom kernel that works for cameras on top of one that doesn't, do you think that would be a fix?

Yes, it should fix it. You basically remove the old kernel and install the new one in its place. Are you sure the herbal is actually installing. Have you checked the kernel build number in the phone properties?

Herbal? What would that be? And I've checked the kernel in 'about phone'. Btw, how does the build number have anything to do with the 'herbal'? This is the first time I've heard of it.

Herbal > Kernel - the spellchecker corrected it without me catching it... xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links