N1 is unable to flash ROMS?

This is a discussion on N1 is unable to flash ROMS? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've tried flashing several versions of Cyanogen Mod (ex. 7.01, 6.11, 6.0, 7.03) both using ROM Manager and manually. I have tried each method for ...

Thread: N1 is unable to flash ROMS?

Question N1 is unable to flash ROMS?

I've tried flashing several versions of Cyanogen Mod (ex. 7.01, 6.11, 6.0, 7.03) both using ROM Manager and manually. I have tried each method for each one, and each time, I receive a boot loop, where the animation freezes, and then stops, and restarts. It continues that way for up to twenty minutes (this is the longest I have waited until I do a restore, and go back to the previous state). I have tried just about everything, and I'm running out of patience. What is the problem? Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to update HBOOT or radio, etc? Any help would be much appreciated. I've been through a lot with this phone, and I want to flash ROMS, but it's just not working for me.

-Alex

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I also tried flashing MIUI. Same result, boot loop.

When you flash do you do a full wipe? Do you system wipe? What version of clockwork mod do you use? Have you tried Amon RA?

People on the forums told me that cm doesn't require full wipe and cache wipe, just dalvic wipe. But no, I didn't. If I do a full wipe, will I lose my nandroid? If I do, how do I get back to the previous state? If I don't lose it, will the custom recovery allow me to restore with nandroid?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Nexus One (Bricked) SOLD
    Nook Color (CM9 KANGS) SOLD
    iPod Touch 2G (Jailbroken w/ GreenPoison) SOLD
    Samsung Vibrant (CM10 Nightlies) SOLD
    HTC Sensation 4G (CM10 Kangs) SOLD
    Nexus S (i9020T) (CM10 Nightlies)
    Playstation Vita PCH 1004 (STOCK FW)
    Nexus 7 (CM10 Nightlies)
    Nexus 4: SOON!
    #team OG
    #team NEXUS
    #team GALAXYS

#TEAM SAMSUNG
    #TEAM ASUS

Clockwork Recovery version 5.0.2.0. And no, where can I download Amons recovery, and how do I manually flash a custom recovery?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Nexus One (Bricked) SOLD
    Nook Color (CM9 KANGS) SOLD
    iPod Touch 2G (Jailbroken w/ GreenPoison) SOLD
    Samsung Vibrant (CM10 Nightlies) SOLD
    HTC Sensation 4G (CM10 Kangs) SOLD
    Nexus S (i9020T) (CM10 Nightlies)
    Playstation Vita PCH 1004 (STOCK FW)
    Nexus 7 (CM10 Nightlies)
    Nexus 4: SOON!
    #team OG
    #team NEXUS
    #team GALAXYS

#TEAM SAMSUNG
    #TEAM ASUS

You won't lose your nandroid by wiping system/data/all caches etc. But I would have a current nandroid and bu you sdcard contents to pc before proceeding.

Use rom mgr and put a pre 3.0 clockwork on phone--like 2.5.1.4. The ones 3. and later have had issues for some.

You are unlocked and have flashed and restored a rom before?
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Okay, good. I've tried it before by using and earlier 5.0 ver of clockworkmod, but I'll try what you said. It's an ATT nexus one, but I'm on T-mobile, (If that might have anything to do with the problem) and the bootloader is unlocked, and has been rooted with SuperBoot.
    And no, I have not had a chance to flash any ROMs since this happens of every ROM I try to flash.

Oh, btw, I did a full wipe, dalvic wipe, cache wipe, and then tried to flash. Instead of going into recovery and automatically installing the ROM like it should, it just went to the regular recovery mode where you have to power+up volume to open recovery mode. After that, I'm in recovery, and there's no way to flash the ROM that I downloaded from ROM manager.

HOWEVER, When I download and flash a ROM without full and cache wipe, (just dalvic wipe), it installs just fine, no errors. (until the startup boot loop) Any ideas?

If you have never got a recovery working you may still need to remove an install script thru root explorer so recovery sticks. I am not sure if this applicable to where you are at in the flashing process and not at home to find script location. You could google "remove recovery install script" and try to find or someone else here will remember.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

First make sure the ROM and gapps files are on your SD card (you can download them here).

Go into ROM manager then flash a recovery, I suggest Amon-RA (my personal choice) but if you like using ROM manager you will need to use clockwork mod. If you take clockwork mod don't take anything 3.X, the 5.X ones usually work but I would stick with what is proven 2.5.1.4. Then reboot into recovery (using what ever method you like) then look for "wipe" or "wipe all/factory reset" (or something along those lines depending on the recovery) select the wipe all option 5 times. Then go back to the main menu and select flash zip from SD card, select the ROM file you put on earlier wait for it to flash then go back and select the gapps package wait for it to flash. After that all you have left to do is reboot and your done your phone should work just fine without a boot loop (note that the first reboot after a flash is always a little bit long).

If it still doesn't work after you do that it's because we will need to wipe the system partition, I doubt you will need to that is why I didn't include it in my initial instructions.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links