BRICKED!! pls help...

This is a discussion on BRICKED!! pls help... within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; long story short...rooted running cm7.1...dl'd rom toolbox by jrummy...tried to change fonts and bootanimation, rebooted and got stuck on the 'X' screen...but what i dont ...

Thread: BRICKED!! pls help...

BRICKED!! pls help...

long story short...rooted running cm7.1...dl'd rom toolbox by jrummy...tried to change fonts and bootanimation, rebooted and got stuck on the 'X' screen...but what i dont get is the 'X' is not animated/splashing...it's just a steady 'X'...i cant go past this screen...i remove the battery and connect teh usb and see the orange charging light...when i turn it on, the orange light disappears but no green light and sits on the 'X' screen...

i can go to fastboot/hboot...but when i choose recovery...the word recovery just changes to 'reboot'...i dunno how many times i did the 'clear storage' and reboot but it just goes to the X screen...i just want revive this phone so i can give it to a family member....

i bit the bullet and got the sgs2...i rooted it within a week of purchase and im pretty impressed with it...devs for this phone are really active...just waiting for the cm team to include this phone to their list or if a dev pushes the ICS....

thanx in advance guys!
    Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Use an external SD card slot to put the passimg file on your SD card then boot into bootloader and apply it. This should fix your problem.

Duuuuuude!! Thank you very much!!

dl'd the file and renamed it to 'passimg'...recovery installed it and my N1 is alive and well...no root tho which is just fine...on 2.2...i'll see if i can find 2.3+....

sincere thanx Dude!
    Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

No problem goose

And if you want to get root back all you have to do is use an exploit for 2.2 or if you have an unlocked bootloader then you can just flash a recovery again.

Dude_Random21; u r the best dude... u have no idea how many times u've saved my sorry ass xD

Most posts u do are very good and helpful. I really appreciate your help man. Just thought of writing this to credit u for everything and everyone u've helped.

Thanks for everythin man =)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links