Best ROM for me?

This is a discussion on Best ROM for me? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys and girls. I recently bought a used Nexus One and I love it so far. It came pre-installed with CM7 7.1.0 but I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best ROM for me?

Best ROM for me?

Hey guys and girls. I recently bought a used Nexus One and I love it so far. It came pre-installed with CM7 7.1.0 but I can't help wondering if there are any better/faster ROMs out there?

I don't like MIUI in any way and I don't want any OTA or OTA-based. Strictly AOSP.

I also do not want to run any nightlies/Release Candidates of any ROMs whatsoever.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

theh you already have what you want--

welcome aboard

you can find other roms here to explore if you wish, some are aosp, but not as stable as 7.1

Nexus One General - xda-developers

unless you are already up on all your phones features and flashing roms--I would wait awhile and just read

good people here to help if needed, but try to research first
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I have run CM7.1 before on another phone of mine so I know what settings I need

I also know how to flash roms, backup NAND, and if needed I also know how to S-OFF. Things I don't know though are easy to read up on by following guides so nothing is impossible ^^

I like Sense 30 (or 3.5) a fair lot but I wont give up CyanogenMod as I pretty much love CM7. When there's a stable or at least somewhat stable CM9/ICS, I'll reconsider flashing that.

There are some good Sense ones at XDA. HyperSense, although not 3.0, I have ran with good luck.

Currently running CM9 from texasice, and doing well

I am in the habit now of wiping system as well as data before flashing--have better luck that way--
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I've been thinking of flashing CM9 from texasice but it's missing too much of what I have need for.

Either I'll wait for texasice to better his ROM or I'll wait for Cyanogen to work on CM9.

I've been thinking of flashing CM9 from texasice but it's missing too much of what I have need for.

That's the fun of it. I won't keep it more than a couple days, but enjoy testing--

Actually pretty stable except for known issues on OP page, I wanted to test ICS. Although, I like the Calendar and Contacts better on GB

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post

That's the fun of it. I won't keep it more than a couple days, but enjoy testing--

Actually pretty stable except for known issues on OP page, I wanted to test ICS. Although, I like the Calendar and Contacts better on GB

What ROMs have you tested so far on your Nexus One? Which did you like the most performance-wise and the overall feel of it?

I have ran them all

CM7 and the nightlies most stable--Sense most fun

Blackrose has helped to make the Sense roms more stable

Miui I like, but don't have time to flash too many of them any more

None for me were great on battery, but I run full throttle and have chargers everywhere

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    I have ran them all

CM7 and the nightlies most stable--Sense most fun

Blackrose has helped to make the Sense roms more stable

Miui I like, but don't have time to flash too many of them any more

None for me were great on battery, but I run full throttle and have chargers everywhere
    When do you think CM team will release CM7.2 or CM9 as they said they eventually will?

I'd run a sense ROM if it wasn't for the need of partitioning of the SD-card. I don't feel I have the need to do that right now so I'll stick with CM7 for now. Battery wise it alright since I recharge my phone every night.

I have also overclocked this to 1.13Ghz, but what do you think about flashing another kernel than stock CM to be able to overclock to like 1.93? Is the extra boost worth it heat-wise and stability-wise?

from what i read a few weeks on 7.2

cm9 who knows, need to develope a 3.0 kernel for it--hw acceleration issues--i think you will need to repartition with blackrose or equivalent

above 1113 i am unstable and don't use--i would not do it

i can't tell the diff btw 1113 and my lower night mode

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links