N1 Kernel Source help

This is a discussion on N1 Kernel Source help within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I need some help please. I'm trying to find source for the N1 Kernel. I can't find it on the htc dev site and when ...

Thread: N1 Kernel Source help

Exclamation N1 Kernel Source help

I need some help please.

I'm trying to find source for the N1 Kernel. I can't find it on the htc dev site and when I try to compile the source from the android site (android-msm-2.6.35), there's an error for one of the drivers. I pulled and used the config from my phone (make menuconfig) before I ran make.

Actually, I would just like source (or a repository I can clone) that will build without error and will work for a stock N1 running Gingerbread.

Or, for the super savvy out there, I could post my error and someone can help me through resolving the errors.

Any support is greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome!

Why not try flashing another pre-existing Kernel?

Check this out
    Nexus One Android Development - xda-developers
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I want to try to modify the kernel (or a kernel that will work with N1).

EDIT:
    Thanks for the welcome!

I want to try to modify and build it from source for the learning and experience. I've been all over the xda forums too and found one member who posted source code to github and mediafire, but I can't seem to successfully compile that either using the config file pulled from my phone.

Give this a look

HTCdev
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I've been there as well, they have system images but no source for the N1.

I found a repository on github here, but the link was from a thread in xda-developers here, a user posted a link to kernel sources part of the way down. The master branch compiles without error for my config.

Thanks for the support!

UPDATE: so the link above is to a repository that builds correctly, and with the config for a stock N1. However, I tried to boot the kernel and it won't work... back to the drawing board. You can check to see if the kernel boots with:

fastboot boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ]

I've tried other kernel images this way and it works, but this image didn't work for me. Thought I'd provide an update.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links