No cm9 official port for original nexus phone

This is a discussion on No cm9 official port for original nexus phone within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; The CyanogenMod Team released a chart showing the possibilities of your device getting ICS based on OEM releases, chipsets, and dedicated GPU's. They said that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No cm9 official port for original nexus phone

Unhappy No cm9 official port for original nexus phone

The CyanogenMod Team released a chart showing the possibilities of your device getting ICS based on OEM releases, chipsets, and dedicated GPU's. They said that N1, Desire, EVO 4G WON'T be getting an official CM9 port. What doesn't make sense is that the Nexus One DOES meet the requirements of the chart, and based on what the chart says, the N1 is gonna get a 5-50% chance of getting CM9, but Ciwrl (of CyanogenMod Team) produced a solid "no" when asked about the Nexus One, and similar Snapdragon devices. Could someone please explain what this means? I really don't care about CyanogenMod anymore because Samuaz and TexasIce are doing a SUPERB job with ICS (Preview #13!!!) but it still would be nice to see a cm9 release for cyanogenmod's flagship phone...

Chart Link:
    Flow chart says which phones get CyanogenMod 9 (and which don’t) | Android Community

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

yeah we stand a 5-50% chance.
    also CIWRL didnt say a solid NO for N1.
    here is his reply on CM forum
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/index.p...ne#entry301931

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Oh, my bad, I must have read it wrong. But still, I thought the Nexus One was the flagship CM phone. Why such low percentage?

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrtomalacc View Post
    Oh, my bad, I must have read it wrong. But still, I thought the Nexus One was the flagship CM phone. Why such low percentage?
    how many people besides the three of us are still using this old phone. They have to focus on the most popular devices first and foremost.

+1

The N1 was the flagship. I had mine over two years and this was my1st forum. But, things are moving fast and although still a great phone, many new ones are out with improvements. Cyanogen is going to support the phones where ever the volume of users are, their words a number of months back.

I can say from even six months ago, posts have slowed here as people do move own. Many of the members I posted here with over the past two years, I now post with on other phone forums. Just tecnology.

If I was a betting person, I am not because I always lose, I would say the N1 won't get CM9. But, would be nice. Blackrose made a lot possible for the N1 that we thought would never happen. So, who knows.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Yeah, things have slowed pretty dramatically here of late. I still have my N1 as my backup phone to my Galsxy Nexus and Atrix 4G. The N1 will always have a place in my heart, as my first smartphone and my first Admin gig here. Now I work for the forum owners!

WERA689,

Same here--I miss members like you, dragongunner, baseballfanz etc etc

Some, I see on other Forums also--

Did see you on Galaxy Nexus Forum when I was deciding on new phone. I finally got the One S, very happy--rooted and flashing--

Times change, but this is still home for me--

"Long Live the Root Gang"

Name:  socialgroupicon_17_1282952397.png
Views: 77
Size:  5.3 KB

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by eric1589 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrtomalacc View Post
    how many people besides the three of us are still using this old phone. They have to focus on the most popular devices first and foremost.
    there are still many users using n1 as their daily driver.from the current scenario it seems that cm wont support officially. but there are some ICS roms @XDA which is quite stable(except for video recording)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I'm still using mine. As long as it continues to work.
    Storage space sucks with these Google apps getting larger and larger. Having to shed preferred apps for things I hardly use but keep growing.

Now tapatalk is near the top of my list, but I paid for it and I'm stubborn. Might eventually look up peoples two year old root tutorials to save my shrinking internal volume.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

I am still using my N1 also. It has been my everyday, all I have phone for over 2 years. I love this phone and it still works great. But the screen is beginning to look very small to me. The new phones out have bigger screens, thinner bodies, better cameras, higher resolution and so forth. I can't get new roms on my N1 like I used to. We used to try them all. Now it is down to nothing on roms. Guess I just want something new. NEXUS ONE will always live in my home. It has been the best phone for me so far...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links