Missing system and recovery

This is a discussion on Missing system and recovery within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I re partitioned my phone using blackrose, so I can go back to a Gingerbread ROM, and I successfully went back to stock partition, except ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing system and recovery

Missing system and recovery

I re partitioned my phone using blackrose, so I can go back to a Gingerbread ROM, and I successfully went back to stock partition, except now, my phone will not boot up, (only into HBOOT) and when I try to go to recovery, the phone crashes and goes to HBOOT mode. Apparently, I need "stock recovery remover" to flash recovery via fastboot, but the file is unavailable for download. Can someone post a different link to the file?

-alex

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

take this .img and put in your fastboot folder, normally tools of your android sdk

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28338566/rec...ion-v2.2.1.img

boot to your fastboot screen and with phone connected

open command window and cd to the fastboot folder ie tools

then type fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img

then reboot

if the recovery won't flash

fastboot erase system

then refastboot recovery

I am figuring you just lost recovery which has happened to me on occasion with blackrose/ics
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

btw which gb rom are you using, if CM7 you don't need to change partition table 220-16-200 will work on both

I also keep the br ics table and stock table hboots in fastboot so I can flash them as i wish

splhexeditor is also an easy tool to use to change table size in lieu of breditor
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I mean, I just bought a vibrant (by samsung) and I was gonna keep using my nexus one on froyo. I decided to go back, and then, boom, my phone won't boot up, and it wont boot into recovery. Also, whenever I use a fastboot command, it tells me "failed remote: not allowed". In addition, when I uninstall blackrose, it gives me the same error, and after I reboot the bootloader, my HBOOT still says "blackrose" the the top. Could that be the problem?

so if i understand correctly u did passimg or flashed a froyo rom to go back to froyo. after that ur phone didnt bootup?
    is ur n1 a slcd one?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

what happens if you type fastboot devices
    or adb devices

maybe you need to reinstall drivers then reflash recovery

and for everyone, unless wty issue you don't need to uninstall br--just flash a stock hboot partition

there should be one in binary folder in br folder, you can also change any hboot partition table on your pc with splhexeditor

I keep a stock and ICS hboot in tools

not sure what else to suggest so good luck

ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

No, not SLCD, it's AMOLED. Before I tried to go back to froyo, I went to stock partition table (at top of fastboot screen it says
    "*Blackrose...*
    Stock-145/95/196
    Nexus one PVT ENG S-OFF")
    However, when I tried to uninstall blackrose, it failed to do so, and deleted my recovery on my device. In theory, If I could flash a rom, it would boot up, since the partition table is compatible with stock android 2.2. But since I have no recovery, and fastboot refuses to flash anything, I can't flash a ROM.

In fastboot devices it shows
    "HT035P903430 fastboot"

did you try the image I linked above--amon_ra and erase system first

before you do that type fastboot erase system, I had to do that once to get recovery to flash

you are still unlocked?

maybe you need to update to 2.3 GB

some google info--
    Fastboot Flash Recovery Failed - HTC Desire Z / G2 Stable Mod - CyanogenMod Forum

try some googling on the failed warning

this is all fixable, but maybe by someone smarter than me--

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Yes, I tried your image, but when I try the fastboot wipe, it still gives me the failed remote error. I just don't know what to do. And yes, my bootloader is still unlocked, since my blackrose is still installed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links