custom rom with broken button - please help

This is a discussion on custom rom with broken button - please help within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; So i have google nexus one (2.3.6.) with broken button and i try to have a custom rom to solve that problem. I have tried ...

Thread: custom rom with broken button - please help

custom rom with broken button - please help

So i have google nexus one (2.3.6.) with broken button and i try to have a custom rom to solve that problem.

I have tried this program (v4.0):

[04/Jan][ROOTING/UNROOTING] DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit [v4.0](zergRush Exploit) - xda-developers

(i have win 7, downloaded sdk, and google adb drivers, allowed debugging mode, increased screen timeout, allowed unknown sources)

So i had this message:

so, what's wrong, how to do that? how to do this through? what do you recommend?!

thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Instead of using a toolkit to root, unlock your bootloader (fastboot oem unlock), then use fastboot to flash a custom recovery. Afterwards, put your custom ROM of choice on your SD card, boot into recovery and flash it (don't forget the Gapps). After that, you're done. All custom ROMs are pre-rooted, so thats all you have to do.
    Nexus One (Bricked) SOLD
    Nook Color (CM9 KANGS) SOLD
    iPod Touch 2G (Jailbroken w/ GreenPoison) SOLD
    Samsung Vibrant (CM10 Nightlies) SOLD
    HTC Sensation 4G (CM10 Kangs) SOLD
    Nexus S (i9020T) (CM10 Nightlies)
    Playstation Vita PCH 1004 (STOCK FW)
    Nexus 7 (CM10 Nightlies)
    Nexus 4: SOON!
    #team OG
    #team NEXUS
    #team GALAXYS