Rooting T-mobile lock Nexus One

This is a discussion on Rooting T-mobile lock Nexus One within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, i'm italian boy. I read about the unlocking of nexus one. I would ask if it possible to buy a Nexus One with T-mobile ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooting T-mobile lock Nexus One

Rooting T-mobile lock Nexus One

Hi,
    i'm italian boy. I read about the unlocking of nexus one. I would ask if it possible to buy a Nexus One with T-mobile contract, then unlock the phone and use it, without activating the contract, with other sim.
    Thanks for all

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No. If you buy it at the subsidized price, you're locked into the contract.
    You'd have to buy it unlocked and unsubsidized to be able to use it on other providers.
    Do that, and you can do whatever you want within the constraints of the hardware.

If i buy a nexus one with contract from the web, the contract arrive to home or i have to do this online? Is there a waay to bypass the activation of contract?

Quote Originally Posted by legolas View Post
    If i buy a nexus one with contract from the web, the contract arrive to home or i have to do this online? Is there a waay to bypass the activation of contract?

Yes, Pay full price for an unlocked and unsubsidized Nexus, Then you can do as you please....

Hi there! I am from Russia - if i get Nexus One locked to T-mobile, but without sim card, what can i do to unlock them? Thanks

I was under the impression that there is no difference in the phones. If you buy subsidized, then your locked in a contract, but the phone is still unlocked. Even if Google was shipping them locked for TMobile, using a ROM on a rooted phone will unlock it.

All the Nexus Ones are unlocked. If you buy it subbed its still unlocked. Its just you are stuck with a 2 year T-Mobile contract.

so if you buy with T-mobile contract and you should able to put another provide sim and it should work, am I right.

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    All the Nexus Ones are unlocked. If you buy it subbed its still unlocked. Its just you are stuck with a 2 year T-Mobile contract.
    Im gonna buy a nexus one tomorrow with T mobile contract, so everyone prove that its unlock and i also can use other sim operator on it?

Oh dear Lord how many "is the phone unlocked" threads do we need. Please use search

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links