Android SDK Install?

This is a discussion on Android SDK Install? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi all, I've never had any luck with installing SDKs, I'm by no means a programmer but I do know computers. Looking at various install ...

Thread: Android SDK Install?

Android SDK Install?

Hi all,

I've never had any luck with installing SDKs, I'm by no means a programmer but I do know computers. Looking at various install guides on the web I've got myself to the point where I've installed Eclipse, the Android Windows SDK and JRE6.

In Eclipse I've pointed it at the Google and think I've got it configured to have all the correct files needed to code and emulate but when I try and do anything I errors, some are Java and some Eclipse.

This is a very vague post and I decided not to put any error messages here as I need general help and not specific help.

Thanks guys!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry, but this is WAY too vague a post. Are you already compiling the sample prgms? Did you already setup eclipse to have all the platforms necessary? The whole "some errors are java..." makes no sense unless you specify at what point your speaking of.

Hi,

I'm aware the post was vague, this was on purpose. At the moment all I'm looking for is a step by step guide on installing the Google Android SDK, Java and Eclipse including what environment variables I need to configure to make them all work together.

Something like this: How-To Install Android SDK On Windows, Mac and Linux but some of the references here appear to be for older versions of the SW, I've done my best to get it to work but no joy.

As you might have guessed I'm a complete newbie to this but I have to start somewhere...

Personally, I followed the steps here: Installing the Android SDK | Android Developers

They involve this (setting up eclipse on its own): Installing and Updating ADT | Android Developers

Downloading the SDK: Android SDK | Android Developers

Then this (Installing and Updating ADT): Installing and Updating ADT | Android Developers

Also, if all is set up correctly you should be able to connect your N1 to your machine to take screenshots like here: How to take screenshots on the Google Nexus One - Know Your Mobile

Kind of a useful sanity test.

Wendelius

Hi Wendelius,

Spot on - thanks for your help. I also see you have posted some videos from youtube on the matter!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links