i need a simpletons guide to installing the multitouch browser add on

This is a discussion on i need a simpletons guide to installing the multitouch browser add on within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I saw that cyanogen released the multitouch browser add-on for the nexus one, i've been messing around all morning trying to learn all this rooting ...

Thread: i need a simpletons guide to installing the multitouch browser add on

i need a simpletons guide to installing the multitouch browser add on

I saw that cyanogen released the multitouch browser add-on for the nexus one, i've been messing around all morning trying to learn all this rooting and hacking business on this phone. this is my first android device and i'm unfamiliar with the whole process. I did manage to root my phone and install the amon-ra backup utility but outside of that i have no idea where to store the files for the browser add-on or where to input the adb commands etc. any kind of a tutorial or help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Easiest tutorial for just "a multi touch browser"...

1. Open Market
    2. Search for "xScope" or "Dolphin"
    3. Install
    4. Open program
    5. Enjoy.

EDIT: Just saw the hack you were talking about...Can't help you with that one.
    Rooted Nexus One

Haha, I have read about dolphin, but the info would be good to know in the future for installing roms and add-ons anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by nailedtonothing View Post
    Haha, I have read about dolphin, but the info would be good to know in the future for installing roms and add-ons anyhow.
    here you go, enjoy
    [Newbie Guide] adb/fastboot/bootloader/android 101 - xda-developers

Thank you simms, helped clear things up a bit. I'm still having trouble with the adb commands and whatnot, but it seems like a driver issue, I'm going to continue working on it until I get a better understanding.

Thank you simms, helped clear things up a bit. I'm still having trouble with the adb commands and whatnot, but it seems like a driver issue, I'm going to continue working on it until I get a better understanding.

here u go How To: Enable Multitouch Browsing on Your Nexus One (Using the Native Browser) | The Unlockr

with a noobie step by step video :D

oh yeah download the AndroidSDK and extract it in your c: folder and when u download the files put all files in the tools folder inside your AndroidSDK folder and just follow instruction in the guide

thanks for another tip! i will have to try this out!

so i keep getting an error everytime i try the adb remount command and i haven't been able to find a fix for it yet, maybe someone can tell me what's going wrong. the error is
    remount failed: operation not permitted. i've confirmed that my device is showing up in adb devices so the drivers should be correct. i'm using vista 64 if that helps at all.

so i keep getting an error everytime i try the adb remount command and i haven't been able to find a fix for it yet, maybe someone can tell me what's going wrong. the error is
    remount failed: operation not permitted. i've confirmed that my device is showing up in adb devices so the drivers should be correct. i'm using vista 64 if that helps at all.
    hmm sorry i dont know on that one. im using vista 64 too. try posting that question on that page i linked. ppl over there are usually pretty fast on answering questions like that.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links