Nexus One Multitouch Available Now; Floodgates Open For Hackers

This is a discussion on Nexus One Multitouch Available Now; Floodgates Open For Hackers within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Nexus One Multitouch Available Now; Floodgates Open For Hackers This is a discussion on Nexus One Multitouch Available Now; Floodgates Open For Hackers within the ...

Thread: Nexus One Multitouch Available Now; Floodgates Open For Hackers

This is a discussion on Nexus One Multitouch Available Now; Floodgates Open For Hackers within the Nexus One Mods and Hacks forums, part of the Nexus One Technical Discussions category; For every Android phone, the hacking process comes in waves: itís tinkered with, then rooted, then flashed with totally new ...

For every Android phone, the hacking process comes in waves: itís tinkered with, then rooted, then flashed with totally new ROMs. At under a month old, the Nexus Oneís landed its first native multitouch hack, and soon, much, much more.

Virtuoso Android hacker Cyanogen, who maintains the definitive custom Android ROM for the G1 (among others) just posted an installable version of the native Android browser with multitouch enabled. This is big news! But not nearly as big as whatís coming next, probably within a matter of days. Says Cyanogen, echoing the sentiments of other Nexus One developers:
    I wonít be releasing a full ROM until Google drops the 2.1 source code into AOSP.
    The AOSP is the Android Open Source Project, which Google has been slow to update, and which will give modders the information and code they need to issue a full Nexus One overhaul, including multitouch in all the stock apps. So, uh, guess what!

reference:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I finally have my N1 setup right where I want it to be, but if they introduce MT to google Maps, I'm going to have to root it...
    Rooted Nexus One

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links