Cyanogen Mods

This is a discussion on Cyanogen Mods within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; <<There is a great Home screen Loader mod that auto-rotates the home screen to landscape mode. Great app. Only issues are it doesn't appear to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cyanogen Mods

<<There is a great Home screen Loader mod that auto-rotates the home screen to landscape mode.

Great app. Only issues are it doesn't appear to be supported using Phone mode or contacts. Also, when opening up application listing using the icon lower that shows all the apps installed, if you are in landscape mode, you have to use the home soft key to get back. The home key icon at bottom of the listings of apps is non functional in landscape mode. Minor annoyances. Great add on.

I also installed the clear notification zip file. Other than showing that small green ison next to clock on top notification area, not sure how this is supposed to work.

<<gr8gorilla I have been up and the down the road of Moding since my last post.
    There is a great Home screen Loader mod that auto-rotates the home screen to landscape mode. Try it out! >>

_Re-ClearNotification issues.....

Not sure why, but phone started to hang unless you hit the home screen soft button when going from landscape to portrait or vice versa. IOW, if you changed modes, you couldn't for example slide desktop pages, but if you hit the home screen tab, it would then work. I used Nandroid backup to restore, and this time I ONLY installed the HomeScreen update for landscape mode. I did not install the clear notification utility which all I can see changes my battery charging icon, to a green circle, but causes my unit to hang when changing modes as stated, for viewing. Just posting what I see so far

hey guys did u already install the update before u flashed this rom?

<<hey guys did u already install the update before u flashed this rom

I would say the majority of users in this thread have done the usual unlock boot loader, root, and finally apply one of the ongoing Rom updates, PRIOR to adding any "stuff" such as these mods mentioned. I'm not the expert enough here to state that any mod will or will not work without having "root" capability first.
    I would say that if you follow the guides here and install the recovery module mentioned, you can basically perform what is referred to as a "Nandroid" backup and if anything breaks, you simply go back, reboot to the recovery mode and run the backup, which will put your device back to a working state.PS...sorry if you already knew this stuff. Better safe than sorry. I am on the beta 4 cyanogen ROM mentioned or referred to on the Forum.

<<Super Noob Guide to Unlocking Bootloader, MoDaCo's ROM, Amon_RA's Recoveryis highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMjldds View Post
    <<hey guys did u already install the update before u flashed this rom

I would say the majority of users in this thread have done the usual unlock boot loader, root, and finally apply one of the ongoing Rom updates, PRIOR to adding any "stuff" such as these mods mentioned. I'm not the expert enough here to state that any mod will or will not work without having "root" capability first.
    I would say that if you follow the guides here and install the recovery module mentioned, you can basically perform what is referred to as a "Nandroid" backup and if anything breaks, you simply go back, reboot to the recovery mode and run the backup, which will put your device back to a working state.PS...sorry if you already knew this stuff. Better safe than sorry. I am on the beta 4 cyanogen ROM mentioned or referred to on the Forum.

<<Super Noob Guide to Unlocking Bootloader, MoDaCo's ROM, Amon_RA's Recoveryis highly recommended.

well im already rooted with a modaco rom and i was wondering if people who flashed this rom already have the ota update both working with root access. i heard somewhere that if u do the update u loose ur root but other people got cyanogen rom working with root acess and ota update working.. so i wanted to know how to do that.

Look at this link:

[ROM] CyanogenMod 5.0 for Nexus One (EXPERIMENTAL) [02/02/2010 / 5.0-beta4] - xda-developers

This is the basics of what I use. As far as I know, you have to manually add the update that Google pushed out over the air. The OTA update will only work if you revert back to a stock ROM, as far as I know. (If I am wrong on this, apologies) So, I basically make good use of the recovery module mentioned on these threads. I will do a Nandroid backup. Install an update. Test. If all is OK, I then backup the new setup, and install the next update, etc. This is my cautions procedure. Worst case scenario, such as when I installed an older Rom update which killed my WiFi for some reason, I simply went back and ran a prior Nandroid backup. Not sure if I am addressing your concerns here or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BAM2012 View Post
    There's a couple ways it can be done. I'm not sure if I can post a link to a thread on xda. (Mod I apologize if that's the case.) [ROM] CyanogenMod 5.0 for Nexus One (EXPERIMENTAL) [02/02/2010 / 5.0-beta4] - xda-developers Please read the instructions carefully. That's the link to cyanogen's thread..I used the gapps and the MT update zip files from there. I got the radio from MoDaCo's site (its easier to flash radio than running commands from a computer IMO). 03/Feb ERE27 - New update rooted and unrooted, optional radio, optional himem - Android @ MoDaCo
    Once I've had everything loaded on my card, I did a nandroid backup (was already running CM 5.0 beta 4) flashed the radio then rebooted after the install, went back into recovery and flashed gapps then the MT add on update zip. Rebooted.

Definitely read both sites before attempting. I didn't do a wipe during any of this, but its recommended.

And just to test? I also went back to the stock rom and started from scratch with everything just to make sure I did it right the first time. I did wipe during that process.

The multi touch on Google maps and the gallery are off the hook. VERY responsive. The MT for the browser was already functioning on beta 4.

Once again please read as much as possible before attempting but you should be fine. I had no issues doing it both ways, from a stock/non stock rom.

**also research any issues. The more u know the better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links