will a rooted N1 get the multitouch-3g update

This is a discussion on will a rooted N1 get the multitouch-3g update within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; This may be a noob question, but I can't find and answer anywhere. I rooted my N1 and am wondering if I will receive the ...

Thread: will a rooted N1 get the multitouch-3g update

Question will a rooted N1 get the multitouch-3g update

This may be a noob question, but I can't find and answer anywhere. I rooted my N1 and am wondering if I will receive the update notification. Can anyone help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Depends on if you blocked the otacerts file.

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Depends on if you blocked the otacerts file.
    Is there possibly a way to UN-block the otacerts file?

The usual way of blocking the file is to rename otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip.bak

The fix is to rename otacerts.zip.bak to otacerts.zip

Thanks.
    So if I'm understanding this correctly, if i have not messed with the otacerts.zip file then I shouldn't have a problem getting the update, right?

Will I get it when I installed cyanogen mod? Will this erase my apps again?

If you are rooted, but on the stock ROM the OTA update should work. From my understanding though, you will lose your root access. Boot loader still unlocked so your warranty is still done.

If you are using a aftermarket ROM, you can not install the update. You will have to wait for the updates to be included in next versions of the ROMs.

I already have the radio, maps, gallery, browser updates in my rooted phone, but the source code was not released last I heard so no official rom updates just yet. These were piecemeal items put out by Cyanogen.

Okay how to install the radio .img file? I'm now on CM beta4 with the new google apps.

There's a couple ways it can be done. I'm not sure if I can post a link to a thread on xda. (Mod I apologize if that's the case.) [ROM] CyanogenMod 5.0 for Nexus One (EXPERIMENTAL) [02/02/2010 / 5.0-beta4] - xda-developers Please read the instructions carefully. That's the link to cyanogen's thread..I used the gapps and the MT update zip files from there. I got the radio from MoDaCo's site (its easier to flash radio than running commands from a computer IMO). 03/Feb ERE27 - New update rooted and unrooted, optional radio, optional himem - Android @ MoDaCo
    Once I've had everything loaded on my card, I did a nandroid backup (was already running CM 5.0 beta 4) flashed the radio then rebooted after the install, went back into recovery and flashed gapps then the MT add on update zip. Rebooted.

Definitely read both sites before attempting. I didn't do a wipe during any of this, but its recommended.

And just to test? I also went back to the stock rom and started from scratch with everything just to make sure I did it right the first time. I did wipe during that process.

The multi touch on Google maps and the gallery are off the hook. VERY responsive. The MT for the browser was already functioning on beta 4.

Once again please read as much as possible before attempting but you should be fine. I had no issues doing it both ways, from a stock/non stock rom.

**also research any issues. The more u know the better.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links