Amon-RA Recovery Image

This is a discussion on Amon-RA Recovery Image within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; You will need the SDK development tools for your system, mac, pc, Linux. Install them and get them working, put device in debug mode and ...

Thread: Amon-RA Recovery Image

Amon-RA Recovery Image

You will need the SDK development tools for your system, mac, pc, Linux.
    Install them and get them working, put device in debug mode and make sure you can see it. There are a hundred tutorials out there, google one.

Then download the Amon-RA recover image v1.5.3.
    Follow these instructions: 05/Jan 1.5.3 - RA-nexus Recovery Image - Android @ MoDaCo

After this you will be able to install custom ROMS simply by copying to sd card, booting into recovery and selecting the option to "flash from sd card", choosing the correct .zip file and clicking on it.

You will have needed to unlock your boot loader and installed the SU permissions as well.

ENJOY!
    :nexusx:Proud new owner of Nexus One as of 1/11/10
    Unlocked Rooted
    Amon-RA recovery v1.7.0(Cyanogen Mod Version)
    Cyanogen Mod LATEST! (Beta or Stable)
    Baked In MoDaCo's Kitchen!
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

p14

Help!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gr8gorilla View Post
    You will need the SDK development tools for your system, mac, pc, Linux.
    Install them and get them working, put device in debug mode and make sure you can see it. There are a hundred tutorials out there, google one.

Then download the Amon-RA recover image v1.5.3.
    Follow these instructions: 05/Jan 1.5.3 - RA-nexus Recovery Image - Android @ MoDaCo

After this you will be able to install custom ROMS simply by copying to sd card, booting into recovery and selecting the option to "flash from sd card", choosing the correct .zip file and clicking on it.

You will have needed to unlock your boot loader and installed the SU permissions as well.

ENJOY!

Hi I just tried to install the recovery image Amon Ra but I think I messed up right at the start:

1. I downloaded Amon Ra 1.6.2 using tethering and the starting size was 3.9 MB but it ended at 1.36 MB. Therefore I tried to redownload but it appearead again 1.36 MB. So I thought ok let's give it a try.

2. Turned off and restarted in fastboot mode

3. Went in android sdk/tools through terminal

4. recognized HT9... with fastboot devices

5. flashboot etc... and I got

sending 'recovery' <1631 KB> ... OKAY
    writing 'recovery'... OKAY

Then I tried to restart the device in recovery mode but it started in fastboot mode (Guess this was proof of fail of procedure).

So I manually selected recovery and I thought I bricked my N1 as it freezed on start screen.

Removed the battery and start it on again and fortunately I got it alive again

Is there any way to install Amon Ra back again?

I'm trying to get cyanogen 5.0.4.1. but without the recovery I think I'm done.

Please please can anyone help me.

Thanks

I think you should try downloading it from somewhere else, I downloaded it from here (I don't have a N1, just wanted to be of some help) http://www.androidspin.com/downloads...xus-v1.6.2.img

Also, the file size should be 3.86Mb and the MD5 hash should be ff5fd441763c238a7c17ac1435b07dc1

ALWAYS(!!!!!!!!!) check the MD5 before flashing ANYTHING to your phone.

See [Recovery] [24-Feb-2010] RA-nexus-v1.6.2 - xda-developers for reference.

Stu

PS Since I don't have an N1, I could be wrong and I take NO responsibility for any problems with your N1 after using this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links