Phone number pattern

This is a discussion on Phone number pattern within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello everybody, i just bought my Nexus One and I'm pretty happy about it! I searched all forum and the internet and could not find ...

Thread: Phone number pattern

Question Phone number pattern

Hello everybody, i just bought my Nexus One and I'm pretty happy about it!

I searched all forum and the internet and could not find a solution.

Here in Brazil we have a different phone number pattern. All our number are eight digits long and sometimes can have some more information for other areas calls. So the number I can use/receive cals are:
    XXXX-XXXX
    0 XX XX XXXX-XXXX
    0XX XXXX-XXXX

I need it to check only the last eight digits (XXXX-XXXX). Can any one help me where I can find the solution?

Thanks in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Me too. I'd be interested to know how to change the seperator placement in the telephone number. China runs a 3-4-4 digit cel phone numbering system and 4-4 for landlines.

Quote Originally Posted by guiligan View Post

Here in Brazil we have a different phone number pattern. All our number are eight digits long and sometimes can have some more information for other areas calls. So the number I can use/receive cals are:
    XXXX-XXXX
    0 XX XX XXXX-XXXX
    0XX XXXX-XXXX

I need it to check only the last eight digits (XXXX-XXXX). Can any one help me where I can find the solution?

Thanks in advance!
    Go to Settings-->Language&keyboard settings-->Select locale, and then change your language settings to anything but English (US) should remove this digits format. I tried English (UK) it worked fine for me. But you'll be getting all the news updates and geolocation webpages based on UK as well. So make your own choice. It seems to me that only English (US) and English (Cananda) have this kind of digits format.

Quote Originally Posted by amwayorlando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by guiligan View Post

XXXX-XXXX
    0 XX XX XXXX-XXXX
    0XX XXXX-XXXX

Thanks in advance!
    Go to Settings-->Language&keyboard settings-->Select locale, and then change your language settings to anything but English (US) should remove this digits format. I tried English (UK) it worked fine for me. But you'll be getting all the news updates and geolocation webpages based on UK as well. So make your own choice. It seems to me that only English (US) and English (Cananda) have this kind of digits format.
    It didn't work for me =/
    The thing here is: if a local number calls me the number will be XXXX-XXXX and it recognizes pretty well. But if a foreign number calls, the number will be 0YY XXXX-XXXX and the number is not recognized even if i change the language settings! But thanks for the tip!

International number

Hi,

I'm not sure about your wireless provider. But most wireless providers don't support caller-ID display for international calls. That's why the numbers of your international incoming calls can't be displayed properly. As long as all your outgoing international calls are in the right format, it means your settings are correct. The US numbers display format is really annoying to me too. That's why I choose another format.

Enjoy the great phone.

I don't think I expressed pretty well. I'm in Brazil and receiving calls from here. I think if I use an example it would be easier to understand.
    I'm in São Paulo right now, if a São Paulo number calls me right now i will get a XXXX-XXXX number pattern and the phone will recognize. But if I receive a call from Rio de Janeiro the pattern will be 021 XXXX-XXXX (021 is the area code for Rio) and the phone will not recognize and show the contact name.

I'm really enjoying the phone, but SMS don't recognize the sender 'cause I receive in a 0YY XXXX-XXXX pattern =/

thanks for helping =)

Have you tried to edit the number you saved in your Gmail contacts? From what I understand, try to add "021" to your friend's number might solve the problem of your phone not recognizing the number as a contact you've already added. Or try to add the number in the format you're getting from your wireless provider to your contacts. It has something to do with your contacts and caller-ID settings I think. Try a few tweaks, something might work out for you. Cheers

Changing the Locale did it for me!

Thanks for your help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amwayorlando View Post
    Have you tried to edit the number you saved in your Gmail contacts? From what I understand, try to add "021" to your friend's number might solve the problem of your phone not recognizing the number as a contact you've already added. Or try to add the number in the format you're getting from your wireless provider to your contacts. It has something to do with your contacts and caller-ID settings I think. Try a few tweaks, something might work out for you. Cheers
    I have all phone numbers saved as 0 XX 21 YYYY-YYYY, where the XX it the operator to make long distance calls. Yeah, maybe i will have to duplicate all numbers for a while 'till someone finds a way to edit the pattern
    thanks!

I have all phone numbers saved as 0 XX 21 YYYY-YYYY, where the XX it the operator to make long distance calls. Yeah, maybe i will have to duplicate all numbers for a while 'till someone finds a way to edit the pattern
    thanks!
    Hello

Another Brasilian with the same problem, did you find another solution than duplicate the numbers?
    In Nokia phones i was used to put (0xxyy) zzzz-zzzz in the contacts and it can find without problems. I think the search of the number of the people that calls in the contacts might be from the end numbers to the beginning

Thanks

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links