Unlocking and Rooting Voids Software Warranty not Hardware!

This is a discussion on Unlocking and Rooting Voids Software Warranty not Hardware! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by okcoolthnx Originally Posted by tribz seems quicker but download linpack from market and compare. my speed is 7.2 Hey I downloaded that ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unlocking and Rooting Voids Software Warranty not Hardware!

Quote Originally Posted by okcoolthnx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribz View Post
    seems quicker but download linpack from market and compare. my speed is 7.2
    Hey I downloaded that app and went to their website to compare results. How the HELL are people getting 20-40 MFlops?! They must be cheating some how right? They got some sort of Nexus@home program? lol
    there is osme droid that recorded 50.... soon to see some crazy melt downs =D

Quote Originally Posted by gr8gorilla View Post
    "13th February 2010, 09:25 AM

Not that I'm suggesting you shouldn't do what you want to, just pointing out that you're unlikely to get the support that the G1 root had"

Now if you burn out your led with N1 Torch, or you brick your phone cause you pulled the battery while doing a radio update, you will be SOL.

There is no reason for you not to Unlock your phone.
    I'm just wondering how easy it is for things to go wrong. Can I easily burn out my LED, thereby being unable to get repair? What do you mean by that first statement (referencing G1 root).
    I guess I'm just not swayed that there's no reason not to root my Nexus One (your last statement). I don't know this guy I'm supposed to contact if HTC rejects my repair. Any help/clarification for me? I know you're trying to clarify things in the first place, but I'm still confused.

just did it last night. very confusing for me at first but got a hang of the commands. i can walk people thru it if needed. Basically you just need to make sure you flash your recovery image correctly before flashing any ROM's

Eddie if you follow the instructions and and put the custom Amon Ra recovery on your phone, and MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP! before installing roms the only area where you enter brick territory is flashing a radio and then only if you pull your battery or it runs out of juice during the install. Google made this real easy!
    :nexusx:Proud new owner of Nexus One as of 1/11/10
    Unlocked Rooted
    Amon-RA recovery v1.7.0(Cyanogen Mod Version)
    Cyanogen Mod LATEST! (Beta or Stable)
    Baked In MoDaCo's Kitchen!
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

If I am not mistaken when rooting your G1 you could "Unroot" or put it back to factory settings making it so no one could tell you had been tinkering with it. That is not the case with the N1! You get a padlock unlocked on your boot screen when you unlock the bootloader and you cant make it go away. So they know you did it.

The led will be fine if you dont use it as a party strobe or work nights and use the N1 as your primary flashlight. I mean it is a phone not a MagLite!
    Unlocked Rooted
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by bhk1004 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by okcoolthnx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribz View Post
    seems quicker but download linpack from market and compare. my speed is 7.2
    Hey I downloaded that app and went to their website to compare results. How the HELL are people getting 20-40 MFlops?! They must be cheating some how right? They got some sort of Nexus@home program? lol
    there is osme droid that recorded 50.... soon to see some crazy melt downs =D
    The overclocked and overvolted the phone, it was crashing like every few seconds but it would run long enough to let them get a linpack. The droid guys had the 500mhz processor in the droid overclocked to 1.3ghz. Wouldnt be surprised if that shortens the life of the phone!
    Unlocked Rooted
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

Ok so I didn't do a nandroid backup before loading the cynanogen rom. Is there any way to revert back to the factory settings and get rid of the rom?

Go over to XDA and look. There should be a post that has links to the stock rom images. Did you get the new radio ERE36B I think? As well as the updates that go along with it?

Why would you want to go back to stock rom? CM5.0.2 Stable is awesome, plus nice themes too! Check out the NexThemes on the forum. They install just like a Rom With Amon-Ra. Just boot into recovery and Flash.

Also looks like there is gonna be a new HTC desire rom ported over using the CM High MEM kernel SOON. You will get all the MT stuff plus you will have Flash, etc!
    Unlocked Rooted
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by bhk1004 View Post
    ive been reading and reading.... pretty much the phone is sick fast already... this makes it a bit faster if you increase rom or whatever... blah blah to me = useless....

tethering, i believe you can already do this without rooting the phone.... = useless..

you can backup APPs from the app store after purchase then install onto your SD card. completely unsure how this is beneficial... so till this is explain ill wait to pass judgement. i do know there are certain apps that just will not work unless you root your phone... and im not the type of guy to buy apps anyways, so im more than happy with my large market of free apps...

is there something else you can do that im missing? i mean if this was my computer or osmething okay maybe id give it a whirl... but its a phone... already one of the sickest fast phones on the market... not exactly sure what this achieves other than bragging rights.... i mean i jailbroke/hacked my iphone but there was many benefits to doing that, this i completely dont understand.... would be nice if someone told me whats up.

Thanks for anything helpful ^^

How about in a couple of days you will be able to Install the Desire Rom From HTC that has Flash 10.1, and all of the UI Sense features from HTC plus the advantages of a HighMEM kernel that can address most of the memory that the stock Kernel cant(why you only have 256M ram) Plus you can install the new radio that and update that leaked from google but hasnt come out OTA yet! ERE36B it really does fix the 3G stuff. T

Not to mention all of the really cool Themes. Check out NexThemes at Over at XDA! They are awesome!
    Unlocked Rooted
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by gr8gorilla View Post
    Go over to XDA and look. There should be a post that has links to the stock rom images. Did you get the new radio ERE36B I think? As well as the updates that go along with it?

Why would you want to go back to stock rom? CM5.0.2 Stable is awesome, plus nice themes too! Check out the NexThemes on the forum. They install just like a Rom With Amon-Ra. Just boot into recovery and Flash.

Also looks like there is gonna be a new HTC desire rom ported over using the CM High MEM kernel SOON. You will get all the MT stuff plus you will have Flash, etc!
    Well I was just wondering in case something happened. I'm not sure what radio I have. I just downloaded whatever the tutorial link here said to download. I believe it was all current.

Also,what is a kernel? I keep reading about them but not sure what they are or do. Do u flash them in recovery?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links