Unlocking and Rooting Voids Software Warranty not Hardware!

This is a discussion on Unlocking and Rooting Voids Software Warranty not Hardware! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; "13th February 2010, 09:25 AM SilentMobius Member Join Date: Apr 2007 Posts: 54 Given that Swetland has said the HTC should honour the hardware warranty ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlocking and Rooting Voids Software Warranty not Hardware!

Unlocking and Rooting Voids Software Warranty not Hardware!

"13th February 2010, 09:25 AM
    SilentMobius

Given that Swetland has said the HTC should honour the hardware warranty if the flaw isn't causable by rooting, and even suggested that you message him if you get such things refused I think that most of us are pretty happy with that, certainly many of the main devs are.

Not that I'm suggesting you shouldn't do what you want to, just pointing out that you're unlikely to get the support that the G1 root had"

Over at XDA there are lots of folks who have had hardware issues after unlocking the Nexus. The nice folks over at HTC are still honoring Hardware warranty. If you unlock your bootloader and you have a hardware defect, such as battery, dust under screen, etc...they are fixing phones.

Now if you burn out your led with N1 Torch, or you brick your phone cause you pulled the battery while doing a radio update, you will be SOL.

There is no reason for you not to Unlock your phone. You can get better performance, you can get extra features (tethering, wifi, bluetooth, and usb), more ram, a cpu boost, custom themes, etc.

Just read, learn about what you are doing. Those of us Rooted already have the newest Radio, image leaked by Google and "we get better reception" the ERE27 was probably a placebo update, to calm people down. This radio fix really does work.

NEWBIE GUIDE READ THIS FIRST

ROOT YOUR N1 TUTORIAL

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT CM5.0.2 STABLE
    :nexusx:Proud new owner of Nexus One as of 1/11/10
    Unlocked Rooted
    Amon-RA recovery v1.7.0(Cyanogen Mod Version)
    Cyanogen Mod LATEST! (Beta or Stable)
    Baked In MoDaCo's Kitchen!
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Done mine this evening with the Cyanogen Mod 5.0.2 ROM.

All ok and finally have a WiFi tether like I used to have on my Nokia :-)

Im worried about bricking.

wow im pretty tech savvy and from reading that i have no idea how to root my phone lol. I dont get it lol

Can you list me positive reasons why I should root my phone? Benefits. Trying to persuade myself!

I managed it ok following various vid tutorials and reading through the forums (and having had a Krony)

Basics are you need to unlock the bootloader and then replace it with the recovery bootloader.

Once you've done that, you can boot to the recovery bootloader and replace the image on the phone. Take it slow and give yourself about an hour to figure it out but it once you've done it, you'll look back and think that was actually pretty easy!

My major reason for doing it was to get a wifi tether which works really well. Pleased with that.

All apps re-installed ok and the phone seems faster now.

Quote Originally Posted by tribz View Post
    I managed it ok following various vid tutorials and reading through the forums (and having had a Krony)

Basics are you need to unlock the bootloader and then replace it with the recovery bootloader.

Once you've done that, you can boot to the recovery bootloader and replace the image on the phone. Take it slow and give yourself about an hour to figure it out but it once you've done it, you'll look back and think that was actually pretty easy!

My major reason for doing it was to get a wifi tether which works really well. Pleased with that.

All apps re-installed ok and the phone seems faster now.
    Did you actually use some software that boot performance or is that just a placebo effect?

seems quicker but download linpack from market and compare. my speed is 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by tribz View Post
    seems quicker but download linpack from market and compare. my speed is 7.2
    Hey I downloaded that app and went to their website to compare results. How the HELL are people getting 20-40 MFlops?! They must be cheating some how right? They got some sort of Nexus@home program? lol

ive been reading and reading.... pretty much the phone is sick fast already... this makes it a bit faster if you increase rom or whatever... blah blah to me = useless....

tethering, i believe you can already do this without rooting the phone.... = useless..

you can backup APPs from the app store after purchase then install onto your SD card. completely unsure how this is beneficial... so till this is explain ill wait to pass judgement. i do know there are certain apps that just will not work unless you root your phone... and im not the type of guy to buy apps anyways, so im more than happy with my large market of free apps...

is there something else you can do that im missing? i mean if this was my computer or osmething okay maybe id give it a whirl... but its a phone... already one of the sickest fast phones on the market... not exactly sure what this achieves other than bragging rights.... i mean i jailbroke/hacked my iphone but there was many benefits to doing that, this i completely dont understand.... would be nice if someone told me whats up.

Thanks for anything helpful ^^

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links