Someone Please HELP me rooting.

This is a discussion on Someone Please HELP me rooting. within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; So I finally decided to try and root my nexus one today, but ran into a problem after all day of searching different forums and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone Please HELP me rooting.

Someone Please HELP me rooting.

So I finally decided to try and root my nexus one today, but ran into a problem after all day of searching different forums and trying different things I still cant get my usb drivers setup right when i plug the phone in it shows a pop up "nexus one". and Hardware wizard pops up and I do what everyone else does, but then when I pick the folder where the driver is I get "CANNOT INSTALL THIS HARDWARE" "the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary hardware" And the same thing happens when I run devmgmt.msc and it has Nexus One next to a big yellow question mark I've tried running on command prompt but says something like searching for device but never finds it. If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it, And sorry if this was the wrong place to post. Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Is the phone fully running when your trying to install the drivers or is it at the white recovery screen?

Tried it both ways hardware wizard says same thing fully on and in recovery mode

Go Here.

USB Driver for Windows | Android Developers

I have to add that 99% of issues i have seen posted lately are issues that have answers. I rooted mine a few weeks ago, but I simply used Google search right now and typed in, "Nexus One USB drivers" and the answer was at the top. Sorry to be a nag. Just offering advice. Look up Cyanogen and nexus one or Modaco and nexus one. Between those two search queries, I guarantee you every tid bit on root and hacking issues are answered. BTW, I have already update to my 6th ROM. It only gets better

Fixed the problem I downloaded a USB driver from xda and it finally worked, but now that my phone is rooted I ran into another problem now my voice search doesn't work also voice search in Google maps.

it might do good to let everyone know what rom are you on, what you exactly did.

Sorry about that I'm using cyanogenmod 5.0.3.1, gapps-passion-erd79, with kspec xtreme v0.1, and some how ended with ERE36B build, and all I did was followed everything step by step

Are you running HTC_IME

Nope, it says "sorry, process com.Google.android.voicesearch has stopped unexpectedly please try again."

Quote Originally Posted by souljah0fva View Post
    Nope, it says "sorry, process com.Google.android.voicesearch has stopped unexpectedly please try again."
    I hate to say it but you might try wiping it and then trying again if you can't find any help on xda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links