adb with mint?

This is a discussion on adb with mint? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I was trying to get adb working with linux mint 8. i read online and i still cant figure out how. i dont have a ...

Thread: adb with mint?

adb with mint?

I was trying to get adb working with linux mint 8. i read online and i still cant figure out how. i dont have a bash file in my home folder. can any one offer me some help?

thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    I don't use adb under Linux, and I don't even know what "mint 8" is, but I assume its a particular Linux distribution?

Are you saying you don't have bash on your system, and cannot get it but adb is looking for it? If this is the case, its possible that adb can use another shell (but not guaranteed!)... if you open the adb script file you might find a line at the top such as:

#!/bin/bash

which tells the system to use bash to interpret the script. If you modify that to point to /bin/sh, and if you're lucky, it could work.

A better option though, if you're up to the task, is to just download the bash source package and build it for your system (or simply install bash if your distribution has a binary package for it available).

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links