Rooting questions

This is a discussion on Rooting questions within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have many questions for rooting my nexus one :nexusx: 1- i saw on youtube and his rooted n1 accelerometer worked in both ways plus ...

Thread: Rooting questions

Rooting questions

I have many questions for rooting my nexus one :nexusx:

1- i saw on youtube and his rooted n1 accelerometer worked in both ways plus his trackball lit up different colors. He said it will be out soon. Would I have to download an all new ROM to get it?

2- what are the chances it breaks? I kind of know what i'm doing.

3- Say a new android os comes out. Will my rooted phone get it?

4- What's the best ROM to download other than the desires?

5- Will all my apps get deleted or will i be able to recover them?

6- What's cool things you can do on a rooted N1?
    Any Questions answered will be a huge help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

1. Trackball changing colors is available as an app but and there is also a mod you have to flash from recovery. Links are located in the supernoob thread.
    2. If you know what you're doing that I don't think you'll mess your phone up. Just make sure not to touch your phone during radio updates.
    3. By new Android updates I'm going to assume the over the air (OTA) updates. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there was only one so far. Either way ROM updates are usually pretty quick and some (such as a certain radio update) was actually before its release.
    4. I probably wouldn't recommend the desires ROM to start with anyway as its still in alpha stages and you may run into some trouble. Go for full and working ROMs such as enomther's or cyanogen (links also in the supernoob thread)
    5. I would recommend that you backup your apps and data (i.e. contact list, SMS, etc) with an app such as Titanium Backup (free) or MyBackup Pro (paid) from app market. Always perform nandroid backups as they will save your butt because everything will be restored to EXACTLY the way you left it before your f'd up. Also worse case scenario all your paid apps and most of your dled ones (if you don't have that many) should be listed under download section of apps market. But if you backed everything up then it shouldn't be a prob
    6. A lot. I would recommend you go over XDA and MoDaCo forums and look at all the threads bc you'll get the general idea of what's available by its title (if not there then def in the first posting of that thread).

Best of luck

Thanks so much for your help. I really do appreciate it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links