:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; It might have been coz I renamed them when on my computer with my card mounted. Minor issues really. I don't really need the backup, ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 108 of 163 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1623

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

It might have been coz I renamed them when on my computer with my card mounted. Minor issues really. I don't really need the backup, but maybe next time I should rename the file using astro file manager. Is that how you guys do it?

I use astro to rename. One time mine didn't work because I had moved my SD card files, formatted it and moved the files back. I guess it didn't like that I had partitioned the card.

Looks like we have very moody SD cards lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Hey guys I just rooted my Nexus last night, and the reinstalled my apps and installed setcpu to try to increase my battery life. Current settings are:

-Brightness slider at just after the auto brightness checkbox (a bit less than 20%?)
    -CPU speed at 245 min, 768 max
    -Autosync on
    -k-9 checking email every 30 mins

But I've already lost 9% battery in 1 hour just receiving and replying to 5 sms, using Opera Mini 5 for around 3 min and the default browser for around 2 mins. What gives?

[EDIT] p.s. I'm using the latest Cyanogen rom, 5.0.5.3
    Looked at my battery status and it reads "Discharging" instead of "Not Charging". Anyone know how to turn this off?

Hey guys I just rooted my Nexus last night, and the reinstalled my apps and installed setcpu to try to increase my battery life. Current settings are:

-Brightness slider at just after the auto brightness checkbox (a bit less than 20%?)
    -CPU speed at 245 min, 768 max
    -Autosync on
    -k-9 checking email every 30 mins

But I've already lost 9% battery in 1 hour just receiving and replying to 5 sms, using Opera Mini 5 for around 3 min and the default browser for around 2 mins. What gives?

[EDIT] p.s. I'm using the latest Cyanogen rom, 5.0.5.3
    Looked at my battery status and it reads "Discharging" instead of "Not Charging". Anyone know how to turn this off?
    Means the same thing. Mine also says discharging.

I never tried setcpu, so I'm not too sure on how to save battery with it and all.

ur battery life is about normal...just let it discharge all the way and charge it back up. set your profiles on setCPU 245/245 when phone is sleeping is the most important one.

other then that use wifi instead of 3g when at home i think that helps.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Hey guys,

New N1 owner here thinking about rooting. Sorry if this has been answered, but couldn't find the answer easily without reading through this 108pg thread :P

My question is: If I root my phone and flash to say, Cynaogen5, and Google releases 2.2 or whatever, is there a way for me to revert back to stock ROM, and receive these updates if I wanted them? Or maybe I can get the updates even with my hacked ROM?

Appreciate the help!

Quote Originally Posted by itzjere View Post
    Hey guys,

New N1 owner here thinking about rooting. Sorry if this has been answered, but couldn't find the answer easily without reading through this 108pg thread :P

My question is: If I root my phone and flash to say, Cynaogen5, and Google releases 2.2 or whatever, is there a way for me to revert back to stock ROM, and receive these updates if I wanted them? Or maybe I can get the updates even with my hacked ROM?

Appreciate the help!
    You can basically get the updates with the hacked ROM. The developers usually add updates as soon as google releases them, but in most cases are steps ahead of google, so you probably get most of the updates on cyanogen before google even thinks of releasing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by itzjere View Post
    Hey guys,

Appreciate the help!
    You can basically get the updates with the hacked ROM. The developers usually add updates as soon as google releases them, but in most cases are steps ahead of google, so you probably get most of the updates on cyanogen before google even thinks of releasing them.
    Ah, understood. Most of my quams with the N1 would be solved with flashing. (Available RAM, track ball wake, speed/chopyness of moving forward/back between apps) The only thing I don't think it will fix is the calibration of the touch screen and the touch screen not responding at particular angle/tilt.. I'm hoping Google will send some type of update that will re-position/program the position of the sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    ur battery life is about normal...just let it discharge all the way and charge it back up. set your profiles on setCPU 245/245 when phone is sleeping is the most important one.

other then that use wifi instead of 3g when at home i think that helps.
    Thought a custom rom with setcpu should give longer battery life than stock Android? Unfortunately most of my day is spent in the office where I don't have access to the wifi, so I'm stuck on 3G (actually more like GPRS because of the horrible signal here, no EDGE in my country)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links