:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Very tempted to try this but am concerned about the warranty! Does this comp[completely void all aspects of warranty or could I get a cracked ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 111 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1623

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Rooting and Warranty

Very tempted to try this but am concerned about the warranty! Does this comp[completely void all aspects of warranty or could I get a cracked screen replaced etc? Do most of you that Root do it on a phone that has an expired warranty therefor not an issue? How likely is Google to check for any changes on phone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post
    Very tempted to try this but am concerned about the warranty! Does this comp[completely void all aspects of warranty or could I get a cracked screen replaced etc? Do most of you that Root do it on a phone that has an expired warranty therefor not an issue? How likely is Google to check for any changes on phone?

Thanks
    Good question, but not sure if anyone will really be able to answer that for you.. phone as only been out for 3 months so there may be only a handful of people who have rooted, and had un-related warranty issues as well, and to also report back..

@herbmmm I didn't root until after my return period is over. During those 30 days, just check your phone to make sure there's nothing wrong with it (like dust under screen, etc). As for crack screen, if you cracked it, warranty wouldn't cover it anyway.

You have to do what's within your comfort level.

Quote Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post

Thanks
    Google is not in charge of warranty issues, HTC is. There are people on forums that have said if HTC indeed verify that it is a hardware defect then they will change regardless of rooting. That's a major reason that I decided to go ahead and root. I also waited beyond 14days to make sure I really wanted it. Best decision I have made on this phone, besides actually getting it.
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

I'm not sure how many of you use Swype, but I'm having trouble with Swype when I switch ROMs. It says it's configured for a different device. I've tried uninstall and reinstall swype and it's still not working.

Uh oh.. that could be a deal breaker for me! I love Swype and can't be without it now!

Ah. Successfully partitioned and set up Apps2SD on my 8gb card!

Been taking awhile to uninstall all my apps then re-install to SD card, but I already have a bunch of games that wouldn't fit on my memory saved to my SD card already! They run exactly how the would run off internal memory!

Kinda worried about not being able to use certain apps when the SD card is mounted to comp, but its not that big of a deal.

I'm trying not to go OVERBOARD with apps that I'll never use. haha. Keeping apps that NEED to be installed on memory, and all the games are being thrown onto my memory card. :D
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I have to admit, it's refreshing seeing 167mb available internal space with Cyan compared to 78mb on Alpha 19. It's the same applications and both ROMs use apps2sd.

I wonder why the huge discrepancy?

probably cuz of sense and all the "neat" graphics and icons...
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    I'm not sure how many of you use Swype, but I'm having trouble with Swype when I switch ROMs. It says it's configured for a different device. I've tried uninstall and reinstall swype and it's still not working.
    Go to setting-applications-manage applications then uninstall swype from that. Then try run the swype installer again. That seems to work for me. Before I was uninstalling swype from the sdcard and that wasn't working for me.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links