:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by techiegirl Originally Posted by Zindol ...which cyanogen is not allowed to add to his ROM by google. I didn't know that. How ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 113 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1623

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    ...which cyanogen is not allowed to add to his ROM by google.
    I didn't know that. How does MoDaCo have it included?
    is the modaco intended for the nexus? I'm not too sure, I woiuldn't know the politics of it, but I have read, google didn't allow cyanogen to add the market and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by itzjere View Post
    Starting to download the files required to root my N1.. can someone please explain to me what these gapps are? I understand they are the google apps that won't be part of cooked ROMs I may flash (Cyanogen for example).

Where do I find the latest? and how do I go about flashing gapps onto my rooted N1?

According to Cyanogen's wiki, the GAPPS is labelled ERE36B.. Is this the build number? if it is, my build is EPE54B currently on my phone.. does that mean I will be downgrading?
    Don't pay too much mind to that. From my understanding, gapps is just something that gets your google apps back on your phone including the market, which cyanogen is not allowed to add to his ROM by google. I also installed ERE36B but its not the same as my build number.

How you install? After you flash the cyanogen ROM, flash the gapps file the same way.
    Thanks for the response.. I was worried I was downgrading or something.

So just to clarify, even though you installed ERE36B, when you go to settings -> about, your build is still the same as before your flashed? If so, what does that build mean then?
    Yeah, my build is EPE54B.

Don't pay too much mind to that. From my understanding, gapps is just something that gets your google apps back on your phone including the market, which cyanogen is not allowed to add to his ROM by google. I also installed ERE36B but its not the same as my build number.

How you install? After you flash the cyanogen ROM, flash the gapps file the same way.
    Thanks for the response.. I was worried I was downgrading or something.

So just to clarify, even though you installed ERE36B, when you go to settings -> about, your build is still the same as before your flashed? If so, what does that build mean then?
    Yeah, my build is EPE54B.
    Thanks for the response! I think I have everything lined up and ready to go then... Now if only I brought my USB cable to work today LOL

Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    Error: run 'nandroid-mobile.sh restore' via adb!

I was trying to restore.

Quote Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
    what error message are you receiving? is it when you try to restore from a backup or create a backup?
    do you have sufficient space on your SD card? did you change rename the backup?

@cortez: Yes. I have 3GB left from an 8GB card. It's partitioned with ext2

Wow...reading this is making me change my mind really, really quickly...damn you Neon!

Well, I give up. I've been trying to get my phone rooted for 3 hours now and I still can't get it to flash a recovery image. Every time i try, i get an "error: cannot load 'recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0(2)" (i downloaded a few copies to make sure i had the right file).

Does anyone have any tips? I'm kind of bummed out that i just violated my warranty for something that might not ever work.

Quote Originally Posted by thechump View Post
    Well, I give up. I've been trying to get my phone rooted for 3 hours now and I still can't get it to flash a recovery image. Every time i try, i get an "error: cannot load 'recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0(2)" (i downloaded a few copies to make sure i had the right file).

Does anyone have any tips? I'm kind of bummed out that i just violated my warranty for something that might not ever work.
    have you tried installing superboot 1st?
    Rooted Nexus One
    Amon_RA-nexus-v2.0.0
    32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08 Korean Radio
    Wildmonk's 2.6.35.9_SVS-950mV_CFS_AXI_720p_1152MHz_120210
    MIUI ROM 0.11.26
    SWG V1.2 Theme

Follow Me On Twitter

Put it on the root of your SD card, download terminal emulator from the market and try this. Instructions on this method are also on the page you download the recovery image from. Obviously I have to give you that "I am not responsible for what happens to your phone" chat

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHN8IMvGQTw"]YouTube - Android - Flash/Install Recovery Image (ROOT)[/ame]

Well, I give up.
    (...)
    I'm kind of bummed out that i just violated my warranty for something that might not ever work.
    If this is any encouragement to you: I have seen this comment (I GIVE UP) a few times in this thread, and as far as I know, all of them are now happily rooted and even gotten brave to try things I haven't even dared yet :D

So... don't give up, read, read and reread the instructions, ask specific questions where you are stuck, and we'll all get you through it Success! :D
    My sigs keep getting

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links