:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Sophia, I swear I was the first person to "give up" in the history of this thread. :D Am happily rooted like you said though....

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 114 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1623

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Sophia, I swear I was the first person to "give up" in the history of this thread. :D

Am happily rooted like you said though.

Quote Originally Posted by thechump View Post
    Well, I give up. I've been trying to get my phone rooted for 3 hours now and I still can't get it to flash a recovery image. Every time i try, i get an "error: cannot load 'recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0(2)" (i downloaded a few copies to make sure i had the right file).

Does anyone have any tips? I'm kind of bummed out that i just violated my warranty for something that might not ever work.
    I haven't rooted/flashed my N1 yet, but according to my research, you need to rename the recover file to "Recovery.img"

Full Update Guide - Nexus One Firmware to CyanogenMod - CyanogenMod Wiki
    See step #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Well, I give up. I've been trying to get my phone rooted for 3 hours now and I still can't get it to flash a recovery image. Every time i try, i get an "error: cannot load 'recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0(2)" (i downloaded a few copies to make sure i had the right file).

Does anyone have any tips? I'm kind of bummed out that i just violated my warranty for something that might not ever work.
    Put it on the root of your SD card, download terminal emulator from the market and try this. Instructions on this method are also on the page you download the recovery image from. Obviously I have to give you that "I am not responsible for what happens to your phone" chat

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHN8IMvGQTw"]YouTube - Android - Flash/Install Recovery Image (ROOT)[/ame]

When I try this method, I get an error stating "SU: Permission denied."

Here is a full history of what I have done so far:

1. Installed USB Drivers and Android SDK
    2. Created a directory for Android SDK called c:\android\ along with several folders (I downloaded and installed every update I could find)
    3. Downloaded Amon_RA recovery 1.7 here: [Recovery] [21-Mar-2010] RA-nexus-v1.7.0 - xda-developers
    4. Downloaded the latest Cyanogen mod here: gapps-passion-ERE36B-2-signed.zip
    5. Took out the sim card, put it in my computer, and added the gapps-passion-ERE36B-2-signed.zip and Amon_Ra's recovery file to the SD card. I also copied those files into my c:\android\tools folder.
    6. Unlocked the phone successfully
    7. According to this website, Full Update Guide - Nexus One Firmware to CyanogenMod - CyanogenMod Wiki, I am supposed to open up a command window and type, "flashboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.img" but when I do that I get an error.

Did I miss any steps here?

Sophia, I swear I was the first person to "give up" in the history of this thread. :D

We would not let you cry uncle. No one criesl uncle on this thread. LOL.
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post

We would not let you cry uncle. No one criesl uncle on this thread. LOL.
    Hahaha, you know this! Thanx to you I'm back in the game and scoring triple doubles.

Put it on the root of your SD card, download terminal emulator from the market and try this. Instructions on this method are also on the page you download the recovery image from. Obviously I have to give you that "I am not responsible for what happens to your phone" chat

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHN8IMvGQTw"]YouTube - Android - Flash/Install Recovery Image (ROOT)[/ame]

2. Created a directory for Android SDK called c:\android\ along with several folders (I downloaded and installed every update I could find)
    3. Downloaded Amon_RA recovery 1.7 here: [Recovery] [21-Mar-2010] RA-nexus-v1.7.0 - xda-developers
    5. Took out the sim card, put it in my computer, and added the gapps-passion-ERE36B-2-signed.zip and Amon_Ra's recovery file to the SD card. I also copied those files into my c:\android\tools folder.
    7. According to this website, Full Update Guide - Nexus One Firmware to CyanogenMod - CyanogenMod Wiki, I am supposed to open up a command window and type, "flashboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.img" but when I do that I get an error.

step 4 is not the lates cyanogen MOD. Thats just the gapps file.

step 5 you are not supposed to have Amon Ra recovery image on your sd card (unless using terminal emulator)

Step 7, is your pc able to show your phone serial number before you try push the image? If I remember correctly you are supposed to point the cmd window to the folder your recovery image is in.

so from what I can see a few things you are doing wrong.

YouTube - Android - Flash/Install Recovery Image (ROOT)

step 4 is not the lates cyanogen MOD. Thats just the gapps file.

step 5 you are not supposed to have Amon Ra recovery image on your sd card (unless using terminal emulator)

Step 7, is your pc able to show your phone serial number before you try push the image? If I remember correctly you are supposed to point the cmd window to the folder your recovery image is in.

so from what I can see a few things you are doing wrong.
    OK I downloaded the Cyanogen mod, removed the Amon Ra from the SD card. Yes, when i type in fastboot devices, my phone does come up, they are connected. I just downloaded and installed something called superboot. I ran the batch file in fastboot. I think it worked. When i get to the recovery screen i have a few options Fastboot, Recovery, Clear Storage, Simlock. I click Recovery, and then get an error with an Android and an exclamation point. What would cause my recovery screen not to load?

I'm having trouble finding drivers for Windows 7. Can anyone help me with this?

Quote Originally Posted by itzjere View Post
    I'm having trouble finding drivers for Windows 7. Can anyone help me with this?
    Nevermind. Found it.

Getting Nexus One ADB/USB Mount working (Driver) - xda-developers for future reference.

If you get the YELLOW TRIANGLE WITH EXCLAMATION POINT it means you didn't sucessfully install AmonRa.

The recovery image should be in the tools folder with fastboot. Make sure you are opening your cmd prompt in the correct c:/android/tools folder or how ever you named it.

Make sure the name you are pushing is the EXACT name of the recovery file. ALSO make sure the command string is exactly correct.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links