:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by thechump Originally Posted by Paul K Originally Posted by thechump Well, I give up. I've been trying to get my phone rooted ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 116 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1623

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Quote Originally Posted by thechump View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Well, I give up. I've been trying to get my phone rooted for 3 hours now and I still can't get it to flash a recovery image. Every time i try, i get an "error: cannot load 'recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0(2)" (i downloaded a few copies to make sure i had the right file).

Does anyone have any tips? I'm kind of bummed out that i just violated my warranty for something that might not ever work.
    Are you absolutely sure that your Nexus is unlocked already?

Can your computer "see" your Nexus?

Is USB Debugging turned on (not sure if this affects it though)

[EDIT] Whoops should've refreshed the page to see if anyone had already replied lol

Thanks for the help everyone. I've re-downloaded Amon_RA's recovery file several times and made sure the MD5s were accurate. I'm sure the file is correct and in the right spot. I've also tried using superboot, but that gives me the same error in recovery. I know the phone is unlocked, fastboot says it is. Also, when i try "fastboot devices" my serial number comes up. So, the USB drivers are working fine. At this point I'm not sure where the problem is so I'll just start again from scratch tomorrow.

Thanks again
    Good luck tomorrow, wish we could have been of more help :/

OMG...desire rom is so freakin awesome. I love how you can alter the camera settings with additional perksand stuff and then some. Things i notice though is that my phone restarted by itself an hour after installing the rom. Phone was idle for a couple of minutes then bam restarted. Anyone experienced that on the A19? Other findings, the trackball seems to not respond when trying to awake the phone, i would have to use themain power button to wakeup. I have yet to explore this beautiful new interface and see what other stuff arises. But so far i'm loving it. Anyone chime in your experience.

Oh ya, the menu, home, and return buttons do not light up. Whats up with that?

Your recovery file should say recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.img. Whatever file name you rename it to, make sure you flash it with the right name and .img.

OMG...desire rom is so freakin awesome. I love how you can alter the camera settings with additional perksand stuff and then some. Things i notice though is that my phone restarted by itself an hour after installing the rom. Phone was idle for a couple of minutes then bam restarted. Anyone experienced that on the A19? Other findings, the trackball seems to not respond when trying to awake the phone, i would have to use themain power button to wakeup. I have yet to explore this beautiful new interface and see what other stuff arises. But so far i'm loving it. Anyone chime in your experience.

I used Alpha 17-19 for about a week and have not experienced a single restart. As for the light up menu, it's an issue with the ROM right now. Paul (aka MoDaCo) is aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post

Is it me or does battery life seem to last longer when you switch the percentage on the status bar off? Maybe it just seems that way because I don't see the numbers counting down, but I'm willing to beleive the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    I used Alpha 17-19 for about a week and have not experienced a single restart. As for the light up menu, it's an issue with the ROM right now. Paul (aka MoDaCo) is aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post

Ok I gotcha...Any idea when the final version will come out?

MoDaCo Desire still has a few serious issues that prevents it from even getting out of Alpha. One major one is that bluetooth doesn't work. I think it'll be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Well, I give up. I've been trying to get my phone rooted for 3 hours now and I still can't get it to flash a recovery image. Every time i try, i get an "error: cannot load 'recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0(2)" (i downloaded a few copies to make sure i had the right file).

Does anyone have any tips? I'm kind of bummed out that i just violated my warranty for something that might not ever work.
    Are you absolutely sure that your Nexus is unlocked already?

Can your computer "see" your Nexus?

Is USB Debugging turned on (not sure if this affects it though)

[EDIT] Whoops should've refreshed the page to see if anyone had already replied lol

Thanks for the help everyone. I've re-downloaded Amon_RA's recovery file several times and made sure the MD5s were accurate. I'm sure the file is correct and in the right spot. I've also tried using superboot, but that gives me the same error in recovery. I know the phone is unlocked, fastboot says it is. Also, when i try "fastboot devices" my serial number comes up. So, the USB drivers are working fine. At this point I'm not sure where the problem is so I'll just start again from scratch tomorrow.

Thanks again
    dude just msg me on gtalk: dimitrov1337 ill walk you trough it...
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post

dude just msg me on gtalk: dimitrov1337 ill walk you trough it...
    You are so helpful d1mitrov! Thank you for helping people out.

A few people from this forum have sent me PMs asking to MSN or Gtalk, but I'm hardly ever on this forum during normal hours.

I tend to be on here super late at night because i'm nocturnal. So I appreciate all the ex-stockers to help out the newly rooted.

But about Modaco, I'm not sure what I have been doing wrong, but I think it was because I didn't ever wipe the rom in the correct order, and then would install all my apps from Titanium at one time..... but since its still in Alpha, I rather just use the stable cyanogen. I usually don't have much time during the day to be able to flash a new rom so I need to have a phone that works properly!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links